FORUMS PROFESSIONNELS
WINDEVWEBDEV et WINDEV Mobile

Accueil → WINDEV Mobile 2024 → [WM24] App is running incredibly slow
[WM24] App is running incredibly slow
Débuté par RobertLEO, 30 oct. 2019 08:56 - 2 réponses
Membre enregistré
36 messages
Posté le 30 octobre 2019 - 08:56
I have deployed my app into a tablet to stress test it, and it takes a good 3-5 seconds to open a menu, and the app would come to a grinding halt for up to 30 seconds or more when it attempts to open combobox that contains a huge amount of records (about 12,000-ish), is there any way to optimize the loading speed? I am really at the end of my wits and I'd appreciate any help

Extra information: The database that contains the DB used by the app is stored in a cloud server
Membre enregistré
12 messages
Posté le 04 janvier 2020 - 11:59
Switch from combo to a window with a looper. Load the looper "in scroll", 1000 records each time. You open the window with openchild and use the returned value to fill what you have ti fill!
Membre enregistré
36 messages
Posté le 12 janvier 2020 - 13:30
REVOLUTIONCHAIN wrote:
> Switch from combo to a window with a looper. Load the looper "in scroll", 1000 records each time. You open the window with openchild and use the returned value to fill what you have ti fill!

yeah I dropped the whole combo box idea (because making the users scroll through thousands of data is absurdly stupid when I think about it) and trimmed the data, as well as increased the bandwidth transfer rate, now it works better