PC SOFT

FORUMS PROFESSIONNELS
WINDEVWEBDEV et WINDEV Mobile

Accueil → WINDEV Mobile 2024 → Dongle not recognized when connecting via Remote Desktop
Dongle not recognized when connecting via Remote Desktop
Débuté par Claire, 18 mai 2020 16:54 - 5 réponses
Membre enregistré
48 messages
Posté le 18 mai 2020 - 16:54
With the current world events, I am currently working from home and connecting via Remote Desktop to my computer in the office using a VPN. The dongle is connecting to my office computer and when I click to open WINDEV Mobile 24 on my office computer, I receive an error message that says the Dongle not detected (image attached). Wondering what can be done about this so I can actually work on projects while working from home.

Membre enregistré
3 651 messages
Popularité : +175 (223 votes)
Posté le 18 mai 2020 - 21:12
Good afternoon

It's a normal block

To use remotely it is necessary to have the pendrive doungle network

If you are interested, WX Soluções sells, call me on whatsapp +55 41 999491800

//------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Boa tarde

É um bloqueio normal

Para usar remotamente é necessário ter o pendrive doungle network

Caso tenha interesse a WX Soluções vende, me chame no whatsapp +55 41 999491800

--
Adriano José Boller
adrianoboller@gmail.com
http://wxinformatica.com.br/
Membre enregistré
48 messages
Posté le 18 mai 2020 - 22:24
Boller wrote:
Good afternoon

It's a normal block

To use remotely it is necessary to have the pendrive doungle network

If you are interested, WX Soluções sells, call me on whatsapp +55 41 999491800

//------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Boa tarde

É um bloqueio normal

Para usar remotamente é necessário ter o pendrive doungle network

Caso tenha interesse a WX Soluções vende, me chame no whatsapp +55 41 999491800

--
Adriano José Boller
adrianoboller@gmail.com
http://wxinformatica.com.br/

So I can't have the Windev Mobile dongle plugged into my physical computer that sits in my office and access the software because I am connected/logged in to my office computer through remote desktop? That seems unusual and very different than most software out there.

How does one go about getting a network dongle? Are there additional costs associated with this?
Posté le 19 mai 2020 - 00:06
it is a limitation of remote desktop, however, it will work perfectly if you use anydesk, teamviewer or other...

The same problem exist in virtual machines where you have to ASSIGN the USB port/dungle to the machine.
I'm not sure if that is possible in remote desktop, but basically ANY other remote working solution than the microsoft one will recognize the dungle.
Membre enregistré
48 messages
Posté le 19 mai 2020 - 16:04
Argus wrote:
it is a limitation of remote desktop, however, it will work perfectly if you use anydesk, teamviewer or other...

The same problem exist in virtual machines where you have to ASSIGN the USB port/dungle to the machine.
I'm not sure if that is possible in remote desktop, but basically ANY other remote working solution than the microsoft one will recognize the dungle.

I will have to see if I can use any of these with our required VPN service. Thank you Argus.
Posté le 18 mars 2021 - 12:11
Might be it can be happening due to some virus infection or some setting that are disabled from My Computer properties during remote desktop connection.