PC SOFT

FORUMS PROFESSIONNELS
WINDEVWEBDEV et WINDEV Mobile

Accueil → WINDEV Mobile 2024 → WM 24 and now 25 - unable to run app on Pixel device
WM 24 and now 25 - unable to run app on Pixel device
Débuté par Claire, 06 jan. 2021 21:02 - 6 réponses
Membre enregistré
48 messages
Posté le 06 janvier 2021 - 21:02
Hello, we just upgraded to version 25 of WM because we were under the impression that it would solve an issue we were having while using version 24. This problem seems to only be occurring on devices that have never had the app installed previously and as of now, does not function on a Google Pixel 3A. After installation, an alert message pops up that reads

Unable to download images from server: Unable to create  file or to open it in read/write. Please try reloading from the Settings page.

Reloading from the settings page does not work - I just receive an error message for all 400+ images that cannot be downloaded. Other people have installed it successfully on different android devices but I am not sure if the obb file directory already existed on their device.

This is the only place in our code that mentions the .obb file

sImageZip = ""
sAPKExtDir = SysDirStorageCard() + "/Android/obb/edu.misin.edu/"
fDelete(sAPKExtDir + ["/"] + "*.obb")

sAPKExtensionFile = sAPKExtDir + "main." + gnAndroidVersion + ".edu.misin.edu.obb"
//sDownLoadImagesZip = gsTempDir + "Images.zip"
IF NOT fDirectoryExist(sAPKExtDir) THEN
fMakeDir(sAPKExtDir)
END

//temporary to test: if it is a real APK extension, do not delete
IF fFileExist(sAPKExtensionFile) THEN
fDelete(sAPKExtensionFile)
END

I did not develop this app so I am unable to explain this setup fully but I am curious why I am unable to successfully deploy this app on my Pixel. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
Membre enregistré
48 messages
Posté le 06 janvier 2021 - 21:06
* I am not sure why the full error message did not come through but it should read:

Unable to download images from server: unable to create </storage/emulated/0/Android/obb/edu.misin.edu/main.90.edu.misin.edu.obb> file or to open it in read/write. Please try reloading from the settings page.
Posté le 07 janvier 2021 - 01:43
A lot of information is missing in your post to be sure of anything but:
- your problem phone is a google pixel
- as such it is probably running a very new version of android (10 probably?)
- this version is MUCH STRICTER as to WHERE an app can write (and create subdirectories)

so if my suppositions are correct and the other phones where this was working are using older android versions, then the solution is to use one of the few directories where an app is now allowed to work.
Membre enregistré
48 messages
Posté le 07 janvier 2021 - 14:07
oArgus wrote:
A lot of information is missing in your post to be sure of anything but:
- your problem phone is a google pixel
- as such it is probably running a very new version of android (10 probably?)
- this version is MUCH STRICTER as to WHERE an app can write (and create subdirectories)

so if my suppositions are correct and the other phones where this was working are using older android versions, then the solution is to use one of the few directories where an app is now allowed to work.

Hi oArgus,
- Yes, Google Pixel 3A running Android 11 operating system
- I will follow up with one of my testers to see what phone operating system she is running.
- Other apps in the app store still seem to have the ability to write to the same location where our app is trying to write to.

Is there information on the new directories or the directories where the performance would remain the same (i.e not having to re-write a ton of code?)
Membre enregistré
794 messages
Popularité : +40 (42 votes)
Membre enregistré
48 messages
Posté le 08 janvier 2021 - 15:50
Rubén Sánchez Peña wrote:
Hi. Look at this for access to "external" files https://doc.windev.com/en-US/…

It was modified for Android 10+ https://blogs.pcsoft.fr/fr/aout-2020-google-demande-relever-niveau-api-cible-applications-android-afin-deployer-google-play/281474976710907/read.awp

Rubén

Thank you Rubén - I guess what doesn't make sense to me is it seems to be working just fine on devices running Android 10. It it just having trouble with Android 11 or at least just on Pixel devices.
Membre enregistré
48 messages
Posté le 08 janvier 2021 - 16:03
Claire wrote:
> Thank you Rubén - I guess what doesn't make sense to me is it seems to be working just fine on devices running Android 10. It it just having trouble with Android 11 or at least just on Pixel devices.

This limitation will be final from Android 11

Well that makes sense, thanks everyone - guess this will be a bit more work than expected.