Inicio → WEBDEV 2024 → [WB20] Reset timer of the server site connection
[WB20] Reset timer of the server site connection
Iniciado por ARV, mai., 04 2018 9:29 PM - 2 respostas
Membro registado
498 mensagems
Popularité : +8 (8 votes)
Publicado em maio, 04 2018 - 9:29 PM
Hi

I want to reset the timer of the server connection or extended but by my site (my program) what I mean?

well I have a code on the event "on click" on my page I use that event to reset the timer of my browser to show a message to the user that he or she need to do some activitys or the web are going to close, then if the user click wherever he likes I reset that timer of the server connection or extended just that the session keeps alive.

Theres a way to do such a thing? or I need that the user click on a button and then extend that timer connection.
I don't like that way because the user don't click on a button always so... is it possible to do my idea?

thanks
Best regards,
Jose
Publicado em maio, 06 2018 - 2:08 AM
José, what I´ve done is keep the session alive from the moment the users log on
Membro registado
498 mensagems
Popularité : +8 (8 votes)
Publicado em maio, 07 2018 - 5:05 PM
Hi Diego

I was talking about when the user let the page alone and he doesn't do nothing for a time, but I solve it I guess
The thing I do it's when a timer for a browser reach some time before the time session end I show a message then in that message when the user do a click the timer of the server will be extend and the timer of the browser it will reset and everyting will be like when the user log in.

thanks for your reply Diego!
Best regards
Jose