WINDEVWEBDEV e WINDEV Mobile

Inicio → WEBDEV 2024 → [WebDev 25] Responsive, what anguish
[WebDev 25] Responsive, what anguish
Iniciado por VEGEboss, ago., 20 2020 11:52 AM - Sem resposta
Membro registado
88 mensagems
Popularité : +2 (2 votes)
Publicado em agosto, 20 2020 - 11:52 AM
*** special note: the following text comes from an automatic translation by Google. please forgive me ***

I'm a rookie, with WebDev, and so I'm studying.

But something escapes me and if you have any suggestions they are welcome.

For the experts I will definitely write a nice pack of obvious stuff, but maybe for some beginners it might be useful. Had someone else written it before I bought WebDev, I probably would have thought about it seven times more before shelling out the pile of money that mr. PCSoft asks.

Theme: a self-respecting website, these days, cannot ignore a "responsiveness" (what a horrible word) that guarantees an optimal display on all devices: from smartphones to supermonitors from PCs, passing through the various tablets.

And on this topic our WebDev has a lot to learn from other tools.

I'll try (but I already know I can't) to be brief.

1) slice management: you are practically suggested / proposed / forced to design your site with an X number (3 by default) of possible views, in which the objects are (re) positioned to adapt the screen to the best possible view.

So, unspoken but very clear between the lines, you have to build the site for the X views you have chosen. A huge job, that that "half saw" of Joomla does alone without writing a line of code, nor CSS.

2) "pixel precise mode": I did not understand what it should be used for, nor did I get even partially acceptable results from my experiments. Among other things, PCSoft's on-line help and demonstration videos seem to have stopped, in content and concepts, at version 21

3) irregularities in repositioning: returning to the slices, it happens, with an embarrassing frequency, to place an object and this upsets all the settings in the other slices. Increasing the amount of work to be done.

4) anchor: here too, a half mystery. In 98% of cases, the docking will be "top left" with "resize in response to browser size". So if it were possible to put it by default anywhere, that would be good. Nonetheless, even here WebDev does not stand up to comparison with other environments such as Joomla or WordPress

-------------------------------------------------- -------------------

I'd like to close it here.

I was expecting a tool that was a lot more "clever" on such a delicate subject as "Responsive Web".

If the first two sites I created could easily ignore it, now I have a job on my hands that requires extreme viewing flexibility. And, so far, it seems to me that WebDev is not the right tool for this type of approach.

I will be happy to be proven wrong by those who know more than me.

-------------------------------------------------- -------------------

PS: if someone wants an example of Joomla "responsiveness" I have no problem providing links