|Inicio → WEBDEV 25 → SUDDENLY FAILURE ON NEW FILES CREATION on HFSQL/CS CENTOS7 Server|
|SUDDENLY FAILURE ON NEW FILES CREATION on HFSQL/CS CENTOS7 Server|
|Iniciado por Enrico, set., 02 2020 1:47 PM - 3 respostas|
Publicado em setembro, 02 2020 - 1:47 PM
I've set up HFSQL/CS on my Centos7 server with WB25 engine, and all WAS working fine.
But out of the blue when I modify Analysis, new files are NOT created on server:
I've checked existence of physical files on server, only PREVIOUS linked analysis files are there, new files are NOT created.
I've tried all that is possible to try (of course every time re-compiling - re generating analysis and so on...)
- I've tested in analysis to copy-and-paste a working file to a new one: the new one is not created
- I've tested a brand new file creation
- I've tested to roll back analysis
- I've tested analysis' maintenance features: compile, repair and so on
Publicado em setembro, 02 2020 - 4:08 PM
Have you tried HcreationIfnotfound, hmodifystructure functions ?
Publicado em setembro, 02 2020 - 4:38 PM
everything you described is normal behavior.
New files are NOT created when analysois changes are repercuted...
They are created when :
- your code specifically asks for it (hcreation, hcreationifnotfound)
- they are used for the first time (read or write) in your code, IF that option is checked in your analysis/project (it's the default one, if I remember correctly)
As all the things you described did NOT contain any reading or writing, everything is fine
Publicado em setembro, 02 2020 - 5:31 PM
Hi, many thanks to both of you for your quick and proper reply.
In the meantime, investigating, I had reached the same conclusion, however with your confirmation now I'm 100% shure.
I think that this behaviour would be better clarified from PCSoft, as NOTHING warnings that files are not created, and that's confusing, as, depending on what you are doing, you normally find files there ready made. In fact, previously I always found them, as I had the option that Argus talks about checked.; more, now I was in hurry developing... It seems that checked option not always works as expected or whatever, so definitely best choice is ALWAYS to embed your own file setup inside code. Have a good day!