PC SOFT

GRUPOS DE DISCUSSÃO PROFISSIONAL
WINDEVWEBDEV e WINDEV Mobile

Inicio → WEBDEV 2024 → Will SEO work in session mode or just AWP?
Will SEO work in session mode or just AWP?
Iniciado por Simon Phillips, nov., 18 2021 7:32 PM - 4 respostas
Publicado em novembro, 18 2021 - 7:32 PM
I get the impression from the online help on seo that the project needs to be in awp rather than session mode.
The problem is that I have had so many problems using AWP mode that I neex to goback to session mode.
Does anyone a good seo compatible site running, or does it need to be in AWP?

Thanks
Simon
Publicado em novembro, 18 2021 - 10:38 PM
in session mode, only the first page can be scanned by search engine, as all linked are dynamics.
Membro registado
32 mensagems
Popularité : +1 (1 vote)
Publicado em novembro, 19 2021 - 10:58 AM
Hi Argus

Thanks for the quick reply.

I would like to use AWP, but what I have found is that if I have a looper and a couple of tables on a page, the page initialition is processed around 9 times before the page is displayed. Also, the looper and tables are each reinitiallied 3 times each before the page is displayed. This means that it is very slow to load the page and also a lot of calls to my server. It also means that if any variables are declared in the page declaration, and assigned values, these are lost. Also any calls to a server procedure triggers the same refresh of the pages, including AjaxExecute calls.

I would prefer to use AWP mode, but unless I can find a way to stop these multiple calls to the object's initialization events, I will hve to stick with Session mode. If anyone has any ideas on how to stop this happening, then I would be very grateful.

Thanks
Simon
www.otterreg.com

--
Simon Phillips
OtterReg Software
Publicado em novembro, 19 2021 - 12:27 PM
do the following test:

on one of your awp page where you have this kind of problem, add an INFO(pageparameter(1),pageparameter(2),pageparameter(3)) in the page loading code...

This will show you the HIDDEN/Ajax parameters that are used by pcsoft to decide what to do on the browser side.

Fabrice Harari is explaining this in details in one of his video courses (youtube channel), but the basic idea is to test if one of these parameters is present, and to put YOUR code in the ELSE statement if it is.

That gives you a much greater control (and understanding of what is going on)

I advice that you start playing with that on a simple page, and that you complexify it step by step to really understant what's what
Membro registado
32 mensagems
Popularité : +1 (1 vote)
Publicado em novembro, 19 2021 - 3:03 PM
Hi Argus

Again, thanks for the quick reply. I will have a look at the video and see if that explains it.

Thanks
Simon
www.otterreg.com

--
Simon Phillips
OtterReg Software