WINDEVWEBDEV e WINDEV Mobile

Inicio → WEBDEV 2024 → Upgrade to Windows 11
Upgrade to Windows 11
Iniciado por Simon PHILLIPS, mai., 16 2022 9:14 PM - 4 respostas
Membro registado
32 mensagems
Popularité : +1 (1 vote)
Publicado em maio, 16 2022 - 9:14 PM
I am having a few problems with WebDev 27 and I don't know if it is that or Windows. Webdev keeps crashing or hanging and typing often is slow, so I will typen comething in the code and it will take several seconds before anything appears.

I am thinking about upgrading to Windows 11, but before I do, I just wanted to see if anyone else is using Windows 11 and if they have had any problems.

My other option is to uninsatll Webdev 27 and reinstall it.

Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated.

--
Thanks
Simon Phillips
OtterReg Software
www.otterreg.com
Membro registado
13 mensagems
Publicado em maio, 23 2022 - 3:41 PM
Hi Simon,
you could try to disable "live data" and see if it helps ..

Regards
Steven Sitas
Membro registado
9 mensagems
Publicado em junho, 10 2022 - 12:52 PM
I'm currently running a 12600K with windows 10 right now and I'm considering upgrading to windows 11 albeit extremely hesitant due to the instability issues that I've been hearing from other people who've made the upgrade. I hope this thread could provide a good insight into what other people's experience have been like so that people considering the upgrades can make their own decisions.

Are the aformentioned UX issues still prominent enough to the point where it's negatively hampered your experience on windows 11?

Has the upgrade negatively affected your workflow in any significant way, whether it;s creative work like video content creation, digital art, or game development, etc?

are the major gripes of windwos 11 (ex: having to manually reset web extension links from Microsoft edge to Chrome, etc) still a prominent issue which hampers your user experience?

--
TuqueroIMKJernalyn
Membro registado
32 mensagems
Popularité : +1 (1 vote)
Publicado em julho, 11 2022 - 12:40 PM
I've yet to take the leap to Windows 11. However, what I am currently finding that the WebDev 27 latestest version keeps hanging (the dev environment, not the pages it produces). When it does I cannot click on anything for about 5 minutes and they get a message saying the process has timed out. Once this happens I have to reboot the system, otherwise it will do it again, so I am spentding more time making cups of tea!

I don't know if this the Webdev environment or Winodws 10.

--
Thanks
Simon Phillips
OtterReg Software
www.otterreg.com
Membro registado
12 mensagems
Publicado em julho, 14 2022 - 8:28 AM
It absolutely is. Basic things require extra clicks - a "More Options" menu. Some settings are even more hidden (specifically, Networking). They absolutely butchered the taskbar - grouping, clocks on multiple monitors, and small taskbar icons are all deal-breaking missing features.

Windows 11, while looking nice, is considerably more inconvenient to use, in my opinion.
AutoHDR and running android apps are probably the biggest thing that windows 11 actually has over 10. it also handles multi-monitor setups much better than 10. if you don't need or want those things and you aren't running 12th gen intel ya just stick with 10