PC SOFT

GRUPOS DE DISCUSSÃO PROFISSIONAL
WINDEVWEBDEV e WINDEV Mobile

Inicio → WINDEV 2024 → I need a Server!
I need a Server!
Iniciado por Joel, dez., 06 2017 2:55 PM - 14 respostas
Publicado em dezembro, 06 2017 - 2:55 PM
I have tried to use a Kalanda Server for something close to a year now and each time I go to work on it, I can't get in for one reason or another. Support is really slow to get back to me and of course, because Kalanda is in France, it's all in French. Even though I repeatedly ask that they set my stuff in English. They had done it once before and it was great, but then it all crashed again.

Are there any America sources for a server with the WebDev application server already installed?
Publicado em dezembro, 07 2017 - 10:48 AM
Hi Joel,

Why not rent your own VPS and install the application server. 100% control.

Best regards,

Aad
Publicado em dezembro, 07 2017 - 11:23 AM
Hi Joel,

any root server is fine for WB or HFSQL C/S. Linux or Windows server. While a Windows server is usually more expensive. All virtual servers are bad, because you don't have root access. A must is "remote reset" in order to be able to restart your server anytime.
Publicado em dezembro, 07 2017 - 12:52 PM
Hello Guenther,

I don't think it's true what you saying about a VPS nowadays. On a windows server you have root access via RDP and you can close down or restart the server yourself. So if you install software on the server and it needs to be restarted, no problem.

So there is no difference between a VPS or dedicated server other then speed. What is a big difference is pricing though. A VPS is much cheaper.

We use sevaral VPS's and host are Windev applications via Windows server and TSPLUS. Along with that on the same servers WebDev sites are installed. Everything is speedy and maintenance is easy.

Just my two etc.

Best regards,

Aad
Publicado em dezembro, 07 2017 - 3:12 PM
Hi

How about pcsCloud?

Does anyone hold an a/c there or let us know if it's reliable/pricey ... ?

Thx in advance!

King
Publicado em dezembro, 07 2017 - 6:55 PM
Hello Joel

I am moving most of my clients onto Amazon servers with TSPlus for the client rdp. Root access is always available via the Amazon console. They are very fast and not that expensive. There are some issues to work through with smtp services and I have had to create my own internal VPC (Virtual Private cloud).
Amazon provides random public IP addresses which alter when the server is restarted and the number of fixed IPv4 addresses they have is limited so a vpc is the only way to provide a fixed IP address to my clients. Luckily I have friends who help out on that side.

They have a free tier that might work for you with a linux server but the windows servers have to be paid for.

Regards
Al
Publicado em dezembro, 07 2017 - 7:03 PM
Hi Everyone and thanks for the great suggestions! I actually ended up getting a Google Cloud Platform Virtual Machine. I have it up and running, have yet to get FTP running on it and then I'll load up the WebDev Application Server. I'll keep Y'all informed as to my progress and how it works.
Publicado em dezembro, 08 2017 - 9:17 AM
Hello Aad,

Did you rent a vps per client or for all your clients?
If you have one for all; did you buy the unlimited version of tsPlus?
One HfCs or more ?
Thanks in advance.
Publicado em dezembro, 08 2017 - 10:12 AM
Hello Guenther (and to all),

Good morning. I have applications developed originally in WD12 and now converted to WD21.

I am interested to host my Windev applications via Windows server and TSPLUS. Could you help with some practical steps to approach this since I am totally new to Windev/TSPLUS?.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Sam.
Publicado em dezembro, 08 2017 - 10:43 AM
Hi Frans,

I use it in the mix. Clients with one server and one server with different clients. I only use the 10-user version, so I can't give information about 25 or more users. I use it for nearly 5 years now without problems.

Concerning Windev, I installed one instance of HFC with different directories (clients). When a client logs in, he's automatically connected to his files. I also installed one instance
of the WebDev application server, so both environments can use the same databases/files.

Best regards,

Aad
Publicado em dezembro, 08 2017 - 12:51 PM
Hi Sam,

Maybe you can search the forum on TSPLUS first. There are several discussions about the product. Maybe after that you ask some direct questions.

Best regards,

Aad
Publicado em dezembro, 08 2017 - 1:00 PM
Hi Aad,

Thank you for the explanations and suggestion. Will do as advised.

Best regards,

Sam
Publicado em dezembro, 08 2017 - 1:37 PM
Hi Sam,

There is a 14 days testversion also.
Publicado em dezembro, 14 2017 - 4:58 PM
Publicado em dezembro, 14 2017 - 6:16 PM
Hello,

Strato is cheap but when you have a problem the it all is up to you. Nice email in return that they wil anwer you. And they will do so after a few days.
That is whta we experianced.
Cheap and good for testing.