PC SOFT

GRUPOS DE DISCUSSÃO PROFISSIONAL
WINDEVWEBDEV e WINDEV Mobile

Inicio → WINDEV 2024 → Create tables and controls in code
Create tables and controls in code
Iniciado por John Fligg, mar., 21 2018 6:29 PM - 6 respostas
Publicado em março, 21 2018 - 6:29 PM
Hi All

I am trying to create a table on the fly using code. I know it can be done but just cannot find the Help for it.

Also I want to create controls on top of an image. I then want to move it about and resize it. I have looked at ddraw/drectangle etc. but suddenly realised these are not available in Android. I am using Wx21 and do not intend updating any time soon.

Does anyone know if this can be done in WD/WB and WD using some other means?

Many thanks.
Publicado em março, 21 2018 - 8:09 PM
I don't know WM so i can't help you in that.

For the data file check the HDescribeFile (Function)
https://doc.windev.com/en-US/index.awp…

To create controls you can use ControlClone (WD/WB/WM) and ControlCreate in WD
https://doc.windev.com/en-US/…
https://doc.windev.com/en-US/…
Publicado em março, 22 2018 - 12:18 AM
I donnot exactly get what you mean with this

I am trying to create a table on the fly using code. I know it can be done but just cannot find the Help for it. BTW by Table I mean an Analysis table. I want to create a table with a few fields but in memory on a temporary basis rather than do it in the analysis. Ooops I think I mean Data File.

But I 'l l give it a try.

You can create a table with a view columns in it say colums 1,2 3.

Ok now you can add stuff to the colums with :

Tableaddline ( tablename, ........ etc )
Then you can change the columname

table.colums1..caption = "Your columname "

This way you can use the table many times. In windev 1 Have in my latest app onley one table to select things out of many diofferent files ( works als a popup to select stuff)

I just sent params to the window to tellthe window what it must load so I can the select it

Regards
Allard
Publicado em março, 22 2018 - 7:56 PM
Hi Allard

How do you print a report from the data table you have created. If you do? Windev report writer won't do it outside of the project as you cant attach the table to the analysis ( I forget the command ). Do you use 3rd party , and if so which one?
Publicado em março, 23 2018 - 10:10 AM
Thank you Paulo. Not your fault of course but this is getting so frustrating these days. HDescribe file is not available in Android. If it is available in W22 then I am sure they are locking us into an update cycle as I have no plans to update any time soon.

Thx all the same.
Publicado em março, 23 2018 - 12:19 PM
Hi,

I donot know if with the aaf that is possible. I believe you can print to excel and word.

Hmm in windev 22 I get the message direct print or open reports en queries when running exe and when running from windev direct print and create new report ( this doesnot do anything .

So I Guess it is not possible.

regards
Allard
Publicado em março, 23 2018 - 1:23 PM
If you only need it in memory why don't you use one array of structures for instance.

I don't know your requirements but usually in memory operations are easier and faster using arrays.