GRUPOS DE DISCUSSÃO PROFISSIONAL
WINDEVWEBDEV e WINDEV Mobile

Inicio → WINDEV 2024 → MySQL version 8
MySQL version 8
Iniciado por stefan.kern, jul., 19 2018 3:28 PM - 5 respostas
Publicado em julho, 19 2018 - 3:28 PM
Dear all,

may be it is interesting for you:

I tried to covert a WD22 / HFSQL application to MySQL Database, and choosed the latest MySQL Version 8.

It seems not to work with WD native Access, even simple queries with one parameter ended in a Acess Violation Error, or gave complete wrong result.
Example: select * from table where myfield = '1234' which should return one record, results null or crashes.

I downgraded to MySQL 5.5 and this works perfect.

Could someone confirm, that MySQL 8 is not compatible with WD , or did I misss something?

Thanks and Best Regards

Stefan.
Publicado em julho, 19 2018 - 3:50 PM
Hi Stefan,

I haven't tested myself, but the help file DOES state that version 3 to 5 of mysql are supported: http://doc.windev.com/en-US/…

Best regards
Publicado em julho, 19 2018 - 8:00 PM
Stefan

Works as a charm upgraded from 5.7 to 8.n in linux server and
use any wd version to make connection with no problem.

Thx for telling me there's an upgrade mysql from 5.n to 8.n.

HTH

King
Publicado em julho, 20 2018 - 1:35 PM
Did you use the mysql client of version 8 or did you keep the one in version 5?

Best regards
Publicado em julho, 20 2018 - 7:02 PM
Hi Fabrice,

i was a bit confused yesterday .... it did not work under MySQL8, then I changed my connection back to HFCS, then I downgraded to MYSQL 5.5 and thought it worked, then I discovered that I forgot to change the Connection to MySQL back, changed it back, and discovered the same shit with MySQL 5.5 .....
So there is something else wrong .....

I found one issue, which was a stupid mistake by me, and there is a querie with a UNION, which does not work.
I will fix the code so that it works under MySQL 5.5 and then I will upgrade to MSL 8 again and see what will hapen.

Best Regards

Stefan.

Stefan.
Publicado em julho, 23 2018 - 6:58 PM
Hi all,

it works now under MySQL 5.7 and 8.
What happened:

It was a sum of different mistakes, I think I mixed something up, AND I learned, that if I use MySQL I must be more carefully in coding.
I write my SQL Statements mostly by Hand, so I seldom use the query Editor.

Example:

Select SUM (shipping_costs) from orders
with a space between SUM and the first bracket works with HFCS, but Ends up in an acess Violation error in MySQL. Deleting the space and it is ok.

Printing a report based on a view worked using HFCS like that:

HExecuteQuery(QRY_LagerExport,hquerydefault,sAuftragID) iPrintReport(sReport,"")
but crashes using MySQL.
Using mySQL I Need to add a iInitReportQuery command.

It was time consuming to fix that, but most parts have not been the fault of native Access but of some sloppy pieces of code from myself.

I am still testing, but on my dev machine I see an enormous increase of Performance, i am curious to test that in the Network.

Best Regards

Stefan.