PC SOFT

GRUPOS DE DISCUSSÃO PROFISSIONAL
WINDEVWEBDEV e WINDEV Mobile

Inicio → WINDEV 2024 → Context Menu Option runs the code of a different Context Menu Option! - Why???
Context Menu Option runs the code of a different Context Menu Option! - Why???
Iniciado por Andrew M, out., 30 2019 8:20 PM - 4 respostas
Publicado em outubro, 30 2019 - 8:20 PM
Hi!

So, we have a context menu from 2013. I don't know what version of Windev it was created with -- maybe version 19.

Anyway, we've gone from 19 to 21 and now to 24. Recently it was discovered that this Context Menu's options are calling code from completely different Context Menus! It's REALLY bizarre!

There are possibly hundreds of context menus in our application. What we want to know is how this happened, what we can do to correct the issue, and how we can prevent this problem for the future.

Our current course of action is to manually change the "5.5 compatibility" Option Number to some unique numbers. Which is absolutely ludicrous to attempt for the whole project ... our developers currently cannot trust what they're doing in Windev will continue to work if this kind of stuff occurs. I'm really hoping it's something we did and not something Windev did ... and that there's a better solution than going through hundreds of Menus with multiple options in each of those hundreds of menus ... and keeping track of those Option Numbers and ... oh man, just thinking about it makes me shiver.

PLEASE tell me there's something we can do!
Publicado em outubro, 31 2019 - 1:50 PM
... well, I guess ....

... We now have but one choice ...
... We must face the long ... dark ... of ~Moria~ Windev.
Publicado em outubro, 31 2019 - 5:23 PM
Hi,

just read the code ... where the hell is the problem?
Publicado em novembro, 01 2019 - 3:08 PM
Exactly! You can't point to any part of the code ... it's the Windev IDE fun that we've sorta come to dread over here now.

At some point, Windev seems to have reset the "count" or "sequence" of Menu Options as they were created. So now we have multiple Menu Options with an "Option number" of 1, 2, 3, 4, etc. So when we click on a Menu Option from Menu-C, Windev has hooked up that Menu Option to actually run the code of the Menu Option of the same Option number but of Menu-A instead. We're just taking the attitude of laughing it off, shrugging ... you know, ... this is sort of expected behaviour of Windev at this point in the game haha. We've got everything working at this point. Just excited to see what the next Windev-ism will be that will cause us confusion/frustration ... and a chuckle :P
Publicado em novembro, 27 2019 - 8:47 PM
We just ran into the issue again.

It seems to stem from the use of Template Controls.