GRUPOS DE DISCUSSÃO PROFISSIONAL
WINDEVWEBDEV e WINDEV Mobile

Inicio → WINDEV 2024 → Location of database (.fic) files after installation
Location of database (.fic) files after installation
Iniciado por Paul Gruet, abr., 06 2020 12:03 PM - 1 resposta
Publicado em abril, 06 2020 - 12:03 PM
Hi

I realise I must be doing something wrong here but I cannot see it
We are trying to create a 32 bit application which, when installed , is deployed in the following folders:

Executable
C:\Program Files (x86)\CompanyName\ApplicationName

HFSQL files
C\ProgramData\CompanyName\ApplicationName

The slight complication is that our application is comprised of a library (which will eventually be shared by a number of applications) and an executable.

The database components are common to all applications so they are defined in the library project.

We have tried many different combinations of installation settings to achieve this but the best we ever get is the blank directories are created but WinDev puts the .fic files either in ProgramFiles(X86) (if we include a manifest) or in the virtual store (if no manifest is used)

This is true even if I specify the folders by running the advanced installation. It creates the folder but does not put the .fic files in it.

I have also tried using HChangeDir to set the location of the files explicitly but this only causes a User Account Control popup to appear on start up (not the best customer experience) and the .fic files still remain in ProgramFiles (x86)

I suspect that the use of the library might be part of the issue as we have other applications which seem to install with the correct folder structure. However this software project has a large common code base and the use of the library was an early design decision that we are heavily committed to.

Paul
Membro registado
22 mensagems
Popularité : +2 (2 votes)
Publicado em abril, 07 2020 - 8:52 AM
Hi Paul, I don't have a WinDev installer solution as I primarily use a completely independent installation tool called SetupBuilder. I've been a distributor of this product for many years. If you can't find a solution within WinDev and you need absolute control over all your installation and subsequent updates etc then have a look at https://www.datadownunder.com.au/proddetail.php…

Best Regards,
Geoff