PC SOFT

GRUPOS DE DISCUSSÃO PROFISSIONAL
WINDEVWEBDEV e WINDEV Mobile

Inicio → WINDEV 2024 → Does WINDEV application support Azure DevOps CI and CD
Does WINDEV application support Azure DevOps CI and CD
Iniciado por MS Tech, nov., 12 2020 5:21 PM - 6 respostas
Publicado em novembro, 12 2020 - 5:21 PM
Once we deploy WINDEV on Azure VM , does WINDEV application support deployment options using Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment ?

Please help
Membro registado
50 mensagems
Popularité : +7 (9 votes)
Publicado em novembro, 13 2020 - 4:18 AM
Sorry to answer you like this, but do you even know what Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment is ?, the reason i am asking that question is because ANY TOOL in any language will support Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment if you make it, because is not what the tool does or do not so. Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment is part of the Agile Methodoly of your development process or strategy. is part of your development pipeline. and because is a process and a set of standards that you decided to implement you need to adjust those standards to the tools you use and implement them. So the problem will never be the tool, the problem will always be with the person that design the integration process, if he knows or he does not know what he is doing. can you implement Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment with any PCSOFT product or any development product whatsoever ? SURE YOU CAN.
Publicado em novembro, 13 2020 - 6:44 AM
I am not talking about the DevOps process... i understand DevOps can be achieved without tooling , by process also... but i am specifically referring to the tools that gives out-of-box functionality to implement DevOps for WINDEV applications.

I have configured CI CD in Azure DevOps for Logic apps ARM templates, for terraform, azure functions etc .

What i meant to say is whether Azure DevOps supports deploying PCSOFT WINDEV or HFSQL components , because i searched all the components and was able to find these components in the Azure's Release pipeline.

Because in the version 25 of WINDEV , there is a tag line saying it supports DEVOPS. So which tool has inbuilt support for this DevOps ?
Membro registado
50 mensagems
Publicado em novembro, 13 2020 - 6:10 PM
My friend i am saying again.... is not the tools .... is the integration engineer that uses Azure DevOps where the problem will be. Azure DevOps is built to be able to manage CI and CD with any language and with any system. You need to make a custom pipeline and some custom tasks to be able to achieve what you want. If you are looking for a point and click solution you will not find it, because Azure DevOps is a highly customizable system and sure it come with somo point and click templates and functionality. but if an engineer can only use Azure DevOps with the templates and the dafualt integration that Azure DevOps comes out of the box, he better quit hes job because integration and process impleementation is not his thing. So you need to so the following: 1) Created the custom templates you need to be able to manage Windev 2) Create a custom Pipeline 3) create the custom tasks.... all these need coding and experience with Azure DevOps. Can it be done ? yes it can 1000%... but you need to know what you are doing and need to have expertise making Azure DevOps custom pipelines and tasks. But an Azure DevOps engineer will not have problem with that at all.... that is everyday stuff for him.
Membro registado
50 mensagems
Publicado em novembro, 13 2020 - 6:21 PM
Just an example, i built some templates, custom pipelines and tasks for LISPWORKS and implemented CI and CD with Azure DevOps for LISP (for a project of AI i am working on at the moment). LISP is one of the oldest programming languajes there is, you can do it for COBOL, PASCAL any language and any environment and everything works GREAT. you just need to know what you are doing and know Azure DevOps well. (and of course be a programmer, because it does requires some custom programming). Not everything will be implemented out of the box
Membro registado
50 mensagems
Publicado em novembro, 13 2020 - 6:37 PM
so in conclusion, yes any version of Windev (any version) can be made and adapted to implement CI and CD with Azure DevOps
Membro registado
1 mensagem
Popularité : +1 (1 vote)
Publicado em novembro, 16 2020 - 5:14 PM
I appreciate your answer

Also there is a concept called Software Factory in WINDEV , which enables Continuous Integration
https://help.windev.com/en-US/…