[WD23] Updating the project
Iniciado por ARV, abr., 17 2021 6:36 PM - 3 respostas
Membro registado
498 mensagems
Popularité : +8 (8 votes)
Publicado em abril, 17 2021 - 6:36 PM
Hi

I have a question

I have a lot of projects, those projects time to time have changes on the DB because the client have new requirement and I need to develop a solution

I develop everything I need on code and DB to have my client happy.

Now how do I updated the DB?
Well I extract the .fic on my server, I create a DB on my sandbox server and synchronize all of the tables of the project to the sandbox server just to have it equal to my project, if everything it's all right then I fill the DB with the info if it's neccesary

Now

There's a way for the installer of the project to do this work for me? I search but I don't find anything about it

How everyone updated the project if this project have new camps on the .fic what I mean? like this:

The server has
TableA.fic
ID
Name
MiddleName

but the update on the project have:

TableA.fic
ID
Name
MiddleName
LastName

If I don't add LasName the project will explode because I use HFSQL functions to make it work more smoothly and easy to program but those functions search everything on the table and if this table doesn't have the exact same patterns on the .fic and the analysis it will explode

I hope my idea got you
Thanks!

--
Best Regards
ARV
Publicado em abril, 19 2021 - 1:18 PM
there are 2 ways to do that.

1. If you are using the windev installer, then check the AUTOMATIC UPDATE option.

2. You can also instead use the hmodifystructure function in your code.
Membro registado
498 mensagems
Popularité : +8 (8 votes)
Publicado em abril, 19 2021 - 3:18 PM
Hi Argus

Thanks! I will try on sandbox all of your options to see if everything could work

I use HModifyStructure but Did I use the default option or what option do you recommend?

Remember that all of my tables are HFSQL C/S

Thanks

--
Best Regards
ARV
Publicado em dezembro, 05 2022 - 12:31 AM
Hi,

I have same problem.
I try all possibilities with SETUP options but not working.

C:\Programfiles\MyDirectory -> is for .exe file
C:\ProgramData\Applications WinDev\MyDirectory -> is for .fic and .ndx files

I use Network or local setup. If i update the project, it creates new setup file in the network, it is ok.
And when i restart my application, it shows the new version of program. I update it.

But then i got an error that saying:

Unable to access the file.
The description of <User> stored in the analysis is not compatible with the one of <C:\ProgramData\Applications WINDEV\testSEtup\User>.
The <Title> item of <User> file described in the analysis does not exist in the file.

So, the fic and ndx files are not updated.
How to do? Help please