PC SOFT

GRUPOS DE DISCUSSÃO PROFISSIONAL
WINDEVWEBDEV e WINDEV Mobile

Inicio → WINDEV Mobile 2024 → Window Size
Window Size
Iniciado por Robin Lane, nov., 27 2009 2:15 PM - 1 resposta
Publicado em novembro, 27 2009 - 2:15 PM
I have written an application in WinDev Mobile 12, and have a question regarding the size of my windows.

With a mobile device (for testing) connected to my development PC, I selected Project | Project Description, clicked on the Platform and then Detect buttons. The IDE correctly identified the mobile device and told me the screen size was 480 by 640.

When I tested my application on the mobile device, I could only see a fraction of the windows, and have had to resize my windows to 229 by 261 in order for the whole window to be visible on the screen. In the window’s Description | Details tab the radio button for Maximized Window is selected, and in the “Window Size in Edit” area the ‘Total’ figures are shown as 229 by 261, whereas the ‘Useful’ figures are 480 by 536.

I only really noticed this when I tried to set a full screen size image as the background to a window. I originally created the image 480 by 640 but encountered the same problem of only seeing the top left corner of the image. I have had to resize the image to 229 by 261 but don’t really understand why.

I have had a look on the mobile device’s settings but cannot find any reason for this anomaly, and wondered if anyone else has encountered this – and more importantly how did you solve it?

Many thanks for your suggestions

Robin.
Publicado em janeiro, 28 2010 - 4:25 PM
Hi Robin,

Yes we do have similar troubles. We also have differences with test mode and exe mode. The best solution I found was to create a project with proper resolution because if you have created a standard 240x320 window, it won't be nice on a 480x640 screen for example.

Actually, I'm running WM 14.

Laurent.