GRUPOS DE DISCUSSÃO PROFISSIONAL
WINDEVWEBDEV e WINDEV Mobile

Inicio → WINDEV Mobile 2024 → Resolution issues
Resolution issues
Iniciado por RobertLEO, mar., 02 2020 3:22 AM - 5 respostas
Membro registado
36 mensagems
Publicado em março, 02 2020 - 3:22 AM
So I have made an app for android and ios but there is an issue where devices with different resolutions would either result in the UI being too big or too small making it incredibly unwieldy to use, is there a way to make it compatible with different resolutions without needing to make a separate APK?

So far I have tried manually changing the resolution with each deployment but that is nothing more than just a band aid and will take far too much time. I have tried using anchors as well, but the problems persists.
Membro registado
498 mensagems
Popularité : +8 (8 votes)
Publicado em março, 02 2020 - 2:40 PM
Hi RobertLEO

I recommend to you, to use a generic layout and play with the anchoring.
with this will be more easy to have your app for all type of resolutions.

if on your generic layout window you need to add more items like edits, combo box and so on
I suggest to add a SuperControl with this item will show an automatic scrollbar and you will be able to add more items for your window.

the Super control it's like a container with a scrollbar for your window.

now on your project you may have a lot of layouts right now for programing for all devices, you need to add a generic one and delete all the other ones.
they are two types generic layout for Phones and generic layout for tablets.
if your project needs to be on phones and tables you will need to keep those two generic layouts.
if you need one of those two then you need to delete one and let it be the other one
for example
the app it's for phones and you have phone and tablet generic layouts, well rigth there you only need to delete the generic layout for tablets
for all of your windows if the layout it's set on all of your windows if it's not then only on the window you config those layouts.

Hope this could help you
if you have more question, just ask and I will reply to you if the situation it's on my hand.

--
Best Regards
ARV
Membro registado
36 mensagems
Publicado em março, 03 2020 - 11:19 AM
ARV wrote:
Hi RobertLEO

I recommend to you, to use a generic layout and play with the anchoring.
with this will be more easy to have your app for all type of resolutions.

if on your generic layout window you need to add more items like edits, combo box and so on
I suggest to add a SuperControl with this item will show an automatic scrollbar and you will be able to add more items for your window.

the Super control it's like a container with a scrollbar for your window.

now on your project you may have a lot of layouts right now for programing for all devices, you need to add a generic one and delete all the other ones.
they are two types generic layout for Phones and generic layout for tablets.
if your project needs to be on phones and tables you will need to keep those two generic layouts.
if you need one of those two then you need to delete one and let it be the other one
for example
the app it's for phones and you have phone and tablet generic layouts, well rigth there you only need to delete the generic layout for tablets
for all of your windows if the layout it's set on all of your windows if it's not then only on the window you config those layouts.

Hope this could help you
if you have more question, just ask and I will reply to you if the situation it's on my hand.

--
Best Regards
ARV

so basically I should set a minimum size for phones and work from there? Along with the usage of super controls
Membro registado
498 mensagems
Publicado em março, 03 2020 - 3:38 PM
Hi RobertLeo

RobertLEO wrote:

so basically I should set a minimum size for phones and work from there? Along with the usage of super controls

Yes you got the idea, but make sure it's the generic size for phones (if you work for phones) or generic size for tablets (if you work for tablets)
and yes along with the usage of super controls with this you should be fine.

--
Best Regards
ARV
Mensagem modificada, março, 03 2020 - 3:39 PM
Membro registado
498 mensagems
Publicado em março, 03 2020 - 3:46 PM
Hi RobertLeo

also don't forget about anchoring, because it will be a mess if you don't set it.

with the generic size for phones or tablets the window will be the exact resolution for the phone or tablet don't matter if the are a big resolution or not it will fit perfectly.
that's why I tell you to use it.

Now about the part of the super control it's just for add more items if you need to just for not enlarge the window on the project, because you don't know how much you need to enlarge to adjust for one phone in particular with super control it will have the same size of the super control but with the scrollbar of the super control you can play how many items you want to add.

Hope with this little explaneation could help you.

--
Best Regards
ARV
Membro registado
36 mensagems
Publicado em março, 04 2020 - 4:50 AM
Thanks ARV, I will keep that in mind