Accueil → WINDEV Mobile 2024 → Broadcom stack and No support in WindevMobile
Broadcom stack and No support in WindevMobile
Débuté par Adrian Wreyford, 16 fév. 2010 23:23 - Aucune réponse
Posté le 16 février 2010 - 23:23
Bojour, ...
Hi, any help will be appreciated.
Excuse the English on this list.

We are currently in big trouble!

Our application, developed using WDM12 and now WDM14, is not able to support Bluetooth comms on the HP Pocket PC devices, as well as all the latest HTC mobile phones, as they are using the Broadcom stack.

WDMobile12, and WDMobile14 supports the Microsoft stack by way of SocketConnectBluetooth().
The broadcom stack is using C++ making it difficult to call API's as with microsoft stack. PS the SDK for Broadcom stack is available from their site!

So I have no way of implementing communication over bluetooth with these Broadcom devices.

Another problem is that Broadcom does not use sockets, but RAW coms drivers for the bluetooth comms making it even more difficult.

BTStack() command does not work on mobile devices, thus also difficult to determine what stack is supported by the device!

Now we are stuck .. we have had 4 users call us in the last two weeks as they have upgraded their phones to HTC touch pro II, and other HTC models, very popular in South Africa and USA.

We cannot help them ... and this is a big problem, and emabarrassing to say the least. They cannot understand how a device with a microsoft Win Mobile 6.5 OS does not support Microsoft stack but the Broadcom stack ... you see our problem is serious!

We have been asking from version 12 for this to be included, but even version 14 had no support. Version15 appears to be available in
French, and I checked the new features brochure, and admittedly my French is poor, but nothing about Broadcom support there???.

Our product can be viewed at www.supascale.com

Please any help will be appreciated. Anybody done this yet .. hard to believe that there is nobody with the need to do low level BT comms with handheld devices using Broadcom stack.

Merci.

Adrian Wreyford