GRUPOS DE DISCUSSÃO PROFISSIONAL
WINDEVWEBDEV e WINDEV Mobile

Inicio → WEBDEV 2024 → Basics
Basics
Iniciado por cccict, mar., 21 2012 4:59 PM - 2 respostas
Membro registado
1 mensagem
Publicado em março, 21 2012 - 4:59 PM
We purchased the full suite of products and have so far spent a full day on WebDev without any success. Develop 10x faster?

We are not 5GL developers and need help with the basics. We have gone through the tutorial twice and really need help otherwise we will simply have to say we failed with WebDev. Hope someone can point us in the right direction. We are very fast learners but are not succeeding right now.

0. Is there training available for WebDev from anywhere? We are in the UK and will be content with going through the build of one application on-line.

1. We have a text field and want to simply create a validation routine that only allows for numbers spaces and letters (A-Z). Is there an way to do this?

2. Once entered, we want to store the value in a database. See point 3.

3. We need to create a simple database/list that can be accessed by the application. How do you create a database?
Membro registado
80 mensagems
Publicado em março, 29 2012 - 9:55 PM
Hi

The best way to learn is to take a week and work through the training manual. This will not only teach you how to use the products, but also expose you to some of the concepts of software development.

Also try and see if you cannot purchase training or training material online.

Kind Regards
Publicado em março, 30 2012 - 12:05 AM
Guys I appreciate your position. I have just gone through the learning process and it is worth it. I am in a forum which is Skype based and most helpfull. Look for Ben Rubens and ask to be added. Www.Reuben's.co.za and ask to be added.