PC SOFT

GRUPOS DE DISCUSSÃO PROFISSIONAL
WINDEVWEBDEV e WINDEV Mobile

Inicio → WEBDEV 2024 → from web to Outlook Calendar
from web to Outlook Calendar
Iniciado por Todd Reynolds, jan., 03 2013 4:32 PM - 1 resposta
Publicado em janeiro, 03 2013 - 4:32 PM
I am using WebDev 17. I am attempting to write an appointment to the outlook calendar of the user that is using the web application. The users are our sales force. They are set up on our exchange server. I have built the appointment in the program and have been able to update the calendar with the appointment on my local pc, but once I move the program to the web server(different than our exchange server) the program errors out. If we put out look on the web server would we have to set up all of the sales force exchange users for the outlook on the webserver or is there syntax that would allow me to get the user/password for the exchange server from the user and connect to the exchange server to start and outlook session. And finally if those aren’t options then is there syntax for emailing the appointment to the user that is initiating the appointment. So, basically from the web I am trying to get a sales rep to create and appointment in the application but update their own outlook calendar with the appointment. Any help would be greatly appreciated...thanks, Todd
Publicado em janeiro, 03 2013 - 4:57 PM
Hi Todd

I see two ways of doing this...

On the server with the outlook/exhenge server, add a windev app which
regularly request the new appointment from your web site (using
httprequest) then create the appointments locally on the exchange server

-OR-

send an email to the user with an invite.ics file attached with the
details of the appointment in it...
It's a simple text file (all details available on the web), but I copied
one below

Best regards

--
Fabrice Harari
International WinDev, WebDev and WinDev mobile Consulting

More information on http://www.fabriceharari.com

Example invite.ics content
BEGIN:VCALENDAR
PRODID:-//Mozilla.org/NONSGML Mozilla Calendar V1.1//EN
VERSION:2.0
METHOD:REQUEST
BEGIN:VTIMEZONE
TZID:America/Port_of_Spain
X-LIC-LOCATION:America/Port_of_Spain
BEGIN:STANDARD
TZOFFSETFROM:-0400
TZOFFSETTO:-0400
TZNAME:AST
DTSTART:19700101T000000
END:STANDARD
END:VTIMEZONE
BEGIN:VEVENT
CREATED:20130103T145011Z
LAST-MODIFIED:20130103T145037Z
DTSTAMP:20130103T145037Z
UID:cce2766e-5208-44a5-8368-d832c2121033
SUMMARY:test
ORGANIZER;RSVP=TRUE;CN=Fabrice
Harari;PARTSTAT¬CEPTED;ROLE=CHAIR:mailto:fabrice@fabriceharari.com
ATTENDEE;RSVP=TRUE;PARTSTAT=NEEDS-ACTION;ROLE=REQ-PARTICIPANT:mailto:fromweb@fabriceharari.com
DTSTART;TZID=America/Port_of_Spain:20130103T110000
DTEND;TZID=America/Port_of_Spain:20130103T120000
TRANSP:OPAQUE
END:VEVENT
END:VCALENDAR

On 1/3/2013 10:32 AM, Todd Reynolds wrote:
> I am using WebDev 17. I am attempting to write an appointment to the outlook calendar of the user that is using the web application. The users are our sales force. They are set up on our exchange server. I have built the appointment in the program and have been able to update the calendar with the appointment on my local pc, but once I move the program to the web server(different than our exchange server) the program errors out. If we put out look on the web server would we have to set up all of the sales force exchange users for the outlook on the webserver or is there syntax that would allow me to get the user/password for the exchange server from the user and connect to the exchange server to start and outlook session. And finally if those aren’t options then is there syntax for emailing the appointment to the user that is initiating the appointment. So, basically from the web I am trying to get a sales rep to create and appointment in the application but update their o
wn
outlook calendar with the appointment. Any help would be greatly appreciated...thanks, Todd