PC SOFT

GRUPOS DE DISCUSSÃO PROFISSIONAL
WINDEVWEBDEV e WINDEV Mobile

Inicio → WINDEV 2024 → field width on form
field width on form
Iniciado por Teun van Unen, jan., 18 2005 9:01 PM - 9 respostas
Publicado em janeiro, 18 2005 - 9:01 PM
Hello,
When I make my window wider all fields on that form also became wider and that's not ok, because a field has only a width depending on the number of characters in that field. How can I prevent this behaviour?
TIA, Teun.
Publicado em janeiro, 18 2005 - 9:38 PM
Come on Teun,
With these kind of questions, you make us
Dutch programmers look a bit silly. Try to
dig a bit harder, maybe the answer is a rightclick
away. Try anchor for instance.
Greetings,
Aad
Hello,
When I make my window wider all fields on that form also became wider and that's not ok, because a field has only a width depending on the number of characters in that field. How can I prevent this behaviour?
TIA, Teun.
Publicado em janeiro, 18 2005 - 10:03 PM
Hello Teun,
that's a feature of WinDev. If you resize a window ALL anchored controls will be resized too. Hold down the SHIFT key if don't want this behaviour.
Regards
Raimund Schuldhaus
Hello,
TIA, Teun.

http://www.invitec.com
Publicado em janeiro, 18 2005 - 10:21 PM
Come on Teun,
Greetings,
Aad
Hello,
TIA, Teun.

What and who do you call silly : There are only silly anwers, no silly questions especially not from a senior WinDev newbee .
Maybe you had to read your posting in your newbee days at 16. Oct 2001 09:28:37 .
KIND REGARDS !!
Teun
Publicado em janeiro, 18 2005 - 10:29 PM
Hello,
TIA, Teun.

Every day I come a small step further in understanding the actions of WinDev. In the meantime I apologize for the more than one silly questions, which I will put on this forum in the (near) future .
Teun.
Publicado em janeiro, 18 2005 - 10:34 PM
Hello Teun,
there are so many feature built-in WinDev. Ask other's about the secret and meaning of SHIFT whilst starting WinDev, using of "*" for parameters, a.s.o., a.s.o.
Sometimes, I feel as an explorer, and after finding a new feature I find too that it was mentioned in the help file too.
Regards
Raimund
Hello,
TIA, Teun.
Every day I come a small step further in understanding the actions of WinDev. In the meantime I apologize for the more than one silly questions, which I will put on this forum in the (near) future .

Teun.

Publicado em janeiro, 18 2005 - 10:47 PM
Hi Teun,
Nothing against newbee questions, when you are a real newbee.
It seems to me you are no newbee at programming, because you seem
to know a lot about Magic. It comes to me you are a bit lazy in finding
an answer on a matter that is not so complicated.
In my early days (16. Oct 2001) I was a REAL newbee to programming. If you go back to later days, you will see that several questions on my part were not
answered. It takes a lot of digging to make all the good willing experts on this forum speechless.
No hard feelings,
Greetings,
Aad
Come on Teun,
Greetings,
Aad
Hello,
TIA, Teun.
What and who do you call silly : There are only silly anwers, no silly questions especially not from a senior WinDev newbee .

Maybe you had to read your posting in your newbee days at 16. Oct 2001 09:28:37 .
KIND REGARDS !!
Teun
Publicado em janeiro, 18 2005 - 11:47 PM
Hi Teun,
Nothing against newbee questions, when you are a real newbee.
It seems to me you are no newbee at programming, because you seem
to know a lot about Magic. It comes to me you are a bit lazy in finding
an answer on a matter that is not so complicated.
In my early days (16. Oct 2001) I was a REAL newbee to programming. If you go back to later days, you will see that several questions on my part were not
answered. It takes a lot of digging to make all the good willing experts on this forum speechless.
No hard feelings,
Greetings,
Aad
Come on Teun,
Greetings,
Aad
Hello,
TIA, Teun.

KIND REGARDS !!
Teun

This sounds a little bit better. Yes, I am an application-developer from the previous century started in 1967. I am struggling 6 days a week 12 hours a day to support my current apps, make changes on demand, try to develop with WinDev, also with AlphaFive, take some time to do some developing for an non-commercial foundation. That means nearly time to relax. I have made myself familar with the basic knowledge of WinDev and I have no time (or I don't allow myself time) to make an in-depth study of WinDev. So, I can't find the word lazy in my dictionary .
Sleep well,
Teun.
Publicado em janeiro, 19 2005 - 10:09 AM
Hello Teun,
aren't we all from the previous century?? Except the 5 years old computer/programming genies!!!

Publicado em janeiro, 19 2005 - 12:42 PM
Hello Teun,
aren't we all from the previous century?? Except the 5 years old computer/programming genies!!!

Yes Raimund, that's why I inserted a smiley behind that part of the line.
But sometimes I feel really coming from the previous century .
Regards, Teun