PC SOFT

GRUPOS DE DISCUSSÃO PROFISSIONAL
WINDEVWEBDEV e WINDEV Mobile

Inicio → WINDEV 2024 → Templates / Gabarits - some findings regarding WD75 / WD8
Templates / Gabarits - some findings regarding WD75 / WD8
Iniciado por Guenter Predl, fev., 13 2004 6:36 PM - 1 resposta
Publicado em fevereiro, 13 2004 - 6:36 PM
Have been experimenting and fiddling and trying with Templates this afternoon and wanted to let you know about some interesting details.
1) Making a new template from scratch as detailed in WD75-Help is far too time consuming. PCS cryptically writes in WD75-Help that this is 'one of the possible ways' to go. OK, its the most tedious one. Solution: Just make a new subdirectory and christian it with your new template name: 'MyTemplate'. After that copy all the files from that template subdir you wish to start from to the 'MyTemplate' subdir. After that, just rename all files including the old template name to the new one like 'Tiki Light_0.wdw' to 'MyTemplate_0.wdw'. Now, open each of the WDW-windows, change in TAB 'Image' the reference to the new background-image. Open the GAB-file (MyTemplate.gab) and alter control definitions to your taste. Don't forget to change the reference for the vision-buttons image too, if you're using reports, adapt the WDE-files. Works fine. Seems, the key to be listed as a valid template is the WDY-file.
2) WD75: Tiki Light and some other templates have the nasty habit of setting buttons in the generated Table-windows over that nice image in the upper right corner. Looks bad and is unnecessary work to move down the buttons on each and every generated Table window. Fired up WD8 and tested the 'Tiki Light' template. Nice thing here, it does not overlay that image with buttons. So, I copied the Tiki Light template from WD8 into WD7, changed the necessary references and voilà! its working fine in WD75 too. Learnt a lesson: WD8-templates work in WD75 too!
Have fun!
Guenter
Publicado em fevereiro, 19 2004 - 1:02 PM
Have been experimenting and fiddling and trying with Templates this afternoon and wanted to let you know about some interesting details.
1) Making a new template from scratch as detailed in WD75-Help is far too time consuming. PCS cryptically writes in WD75-Help that this is 'one of the possible ways' to go. OK, its the most tedious one. Solution: Just make a new subdirectory and christian it with your new template name: 'MyTemplate'. After that copy all the files from that template subdir you wish to start from to the 'MyTemplate' subdir. After that, just rename all files including the old template name to the new one like 'Tiki Light_0.wdw' to 'MyTemplate_0.wdw'. Now, open each of the WDW-windows, change in TAB 'Image' the reference to the new background-image. Open the GAB-file (MyTemplate.gab) and alter control definitions to your taste. Don't forget to change the reference for the vision-buttons image too, if you're using reports, adapt the WDE-files. Works fine. Seems, the key to be listed as a valid template is the WDY-file.
2) WD75: Tiki Light and some other templates have the nasty habit of setting buttons in the generated Table-windows over that nice image in the upper right corner. Looks bad and is unnecessary work to move down the buttons on each and every generated Table window. Fired up WD8 and tested the 'Tiki Light' template. Nice thing here, it does not overlay that image with buttons. So, I copied the Tiki Light template from WD8 into WD7, changed the necessary references and voilà! its working fine in WD75 too. Learnt a lesson: WD8-templates work in WD75 too!
Have fun!
Guenter

Nice job Guenter.
As you probably noticed, it's one of the help we needed...
May I ask you to mail me surch a tutorial to publish ? (don't wan't to enter 'plagia' topic
I don't mind about language but of course we're still waiting for a good soul to help us raising up a 'gabarit' section... (french still needed for a while)
Regards
R&B

French unofficial WinDev portal