PC SOFT

PROFESSIONAL NEWSGROUPS
WINDEVWEBDEV and WINDEV Mobile

Home → WINDEV 2024 → Replication
Replication
Started by Gill, Apr., 15 2004 7:34 AM - 2 replies
Posted on April, 15 2004 - 7:34 AM
Hi All,
When carrying out replication (and planning to use a Moveable Replica) do the master and subscriber replica files need to be made each time a replication is made or only once?
I can see that perhaps a new subscriber replica overwrites an old one - but understand that the moveableReplica then writes it's own files, negating the use of a new subscriber replica.
Clear as mud - good. Yes, I've read the help, the tut and the manual, but still don't fully understand...
TIA
Gill
Posted on April, 15 2004 - 12:12 PM
Hello Gill
Hi All,
When carrying out replication (and planning to use a Moveable Replica) do the master and subscriber replica files need to be made each time a replication is made or only once?

Only once, and then you only have to make the movable replica (susc to master or master to susc) each time you wanto to update the data in one of the stations.
I can see that perhaps a new subscriber replica overwrites an old one - but understand that the moveableReplica then writes it's own files, negating the use of a new subscriber replica.
Clear as mud - good. Yes, I've read the help, the tut and the manual, but still don't fully understand...

I spent something like 1 and a half month playing with all that, and now I have it fully working (almost ), if you have more questions come back...
TIA
Gill

Hope this helps...
Posted on April, 16 2004 - 1:06 AM
Thanks Daniel,
That is how the book read, only they don't actually say what they mean...
Thanks for the explanation.
Gill

Hello Gill
Hi All,
Only once, and then you only have to make the movable replica (susc to master or master to susc) each time you wanto to update the data in one of the stations.

I spent something like 1 and a half month playing with all that, and now I have it fully working (almost ), if you have more questions come back...

TIA
Gill

Hope this helps...