PC SOFT

PROFESSIONAL NEWSGROUPS
WINDEVWEBDEV and WINDEV Mobile

Home → WINDEV 2024 → Tech Support Tool
Tech Support Tool
Started by Al, May, 15 2004 2:45 AM - 2 replies
Posted on May, 15 2004 - 2:45 AM
G'day All
The tech support tool from PCSoft is just brilliant.
I have written previously to PCSoft asking them to include it in V8 as a tool that we can customize and distribute for our clients to use to communicate problems to us. If the rest of you think it is a good thing to have, then a few more requests to them may help.
Regards
Al
Posted on May, 15 2004 - 10:45 AM
Hi Al,
nice to read you again! Yes, the tech support tool is just fine. I think, after input it's ending up in an XML-file, transmission by SMTP and automatic insertion into a database 'at home' in Montpellier. Thus, I'm rather sure they will NOT give us the program that they're using for further management of bug classification, distribution to programmers, managing open lists etc. However, there are numerous programs available, from free to to very expensive ones which are doing exactly this. Maybe, you should have a look at sourceforge.net and input bug tracking into the search field ...
Best regards,
Guenter

G'day All
I have written previously to PCSoft asking them to include it in V8 as a tool that we can customize and distribute for our clients to use to communicate problems to us. If the rest of you think it is a good thing to have, then a few more requests to them may help.
Regards
Al
Posted on May, 15 2004 - 4:24 PM
G'day All
Regards
Al

Hi Al,
did you see that this tool is included in WinDev 8?
Best regards

http://www.invitec.com