PC SOFT

PROFESSIONAL NEWSGROUPS
WINDEVWEBDEV and WINDEV Mobile

Home → WINDEV 2024 → NetOpenRemoteAccess(..)
NetOpenRemoteAccess(..)
Started by Guenter Predl, May, 29 2004 4:22 PM - 6 replies
Posted on May, 29 2004 - 4:22 PM
Using NetOpenRemoteAccess(..) it's very easy to use a modem- or ISDN-connection. The drawback is that we have to instruct users in a very detailed and technical way how to 'make' their connection-icon on the desktop of their computer.
Is there any way to produce such a 'connection' programmatically? Many providers do so with their installation-CD. I can imagine that users have to answer a few questions during installation or using a separate process and getting their connection icon with less trouble.
Thank you in advance!
Guenter
Posted on May, 29 2004 - 6:31 PM
Hi Guenter,
(can' find the u-umlaut indeed :-))
Using NetOpenRemoteAccess(..) it's very easy to use a modem- or
ISDN-connection. The drawback is that we have to instruct users in a very
detailed and technical way how to 'make' their connection-icon on the desktop
of their computer.
Is there any way to produce such a 'connection' programmatically? Many
providers do so with their installation-CD. I can imagine that users have to
answer a few questions during installation or using a separate process and
getting their connection icon with less trouble.

Don't understand your question to much.
What do you want to achieve?
- A different kind of the NetOpenRemoteAccess(..) function ?
- Create a shortcut on the desktop?
- Create a specific connection to the internet?
- Get the default connection to the internet?
--
Peter
Posted on May, 29 2004 - 7:29 PM
Hi Guenter,
(can' find the u-umlaut indeed :-))
Using NetOpenRemoteAccess(..) it's very easy to use a modem- or
ISDN-connection. The drawback is that we have to instruct users in a very
detailed and technical way how to 'make' their connection-icon on the desktop
of their computer.
Is there any way to produce such a 'connection' programmatically? Many
providers do so with their installation-CD. I can imagine that users have to
answer a few questions during installation or using a separate process and
getting their connection icon with less trouble.
Don't understand your question to much.

What do you want to achieve?
- A different kind of the NetOpenRemoteAccess(..) function ?
- Create a shortcut on the desktop?
- Create a specific connection to the internet?
- Get the default connection to the internet?
--
Peter

Hi Peter, thanks for caring!
NetOpenRemoteAccess(..) opens an existing communication connection, that's working quite fine.
We offer software for connecting to an AT&T high-security network. Our customers can connect to this network by modem or ISDN only, no way to use the internet - saves them from most hacker-attacks. Currently, this connection is made by hand - mostly ours ;-) and it's working - until our dear customers fiddle around on their computers and accidentially delete this connection. Additionally, phone numbers and passwords of connections are changed on an irregular basis, sometimes for security reasons, sometimes for technical reasons.
The problem is to talk them through the process until their connection is up and running again. Silly ones need up to 15 minutes of my time on the phone and they stress my nervous and allergic systems for another hour.
My question was therefore if any of you knows a way how to generate that connection programmatically. Input would be the phone number, user name and a password. Everything else should be done by a (WinDev?) program. I did not find any command in WinDev to do that.
Thank you!
Günter (don't care for the Umlaut..)
Posted on May, 30 2004 - 12:52 AM
Hi Günter,
may be icwconn1.exe is what you need.
LanceAppli("icwconn1.exe")//try Start/Ausführen... icwconn1.exe /Germany System
If an internetconnection is allready established, I would suggest to use NetOpenRemoteAccess() without any parameters.
HTH
Björn
Using NetOpenRemoteAccess(..) it's very easy to use a modem- or ISDN-connection. The drawback is that we have to instruct users in a very detailed and technical way how to 'make' their connection-icon on the desktop of their computer.
Is there any way to produce such a 'connection' programmatically? Many providers do so with their installation-CD. I can imagine that users have to answer a few questions during installation or using a separate process and getting their connection icon with less trouble.
Thank you in advance!
Guenter
Posted on May, 30 2004 - 3:07 AM
Hi Günter,
try http://www.ispwizard.com (could solve your problem)
otherwise you could study some mozilla sources. I remember that they use the MS Dialup Service for this behaviour.
indeed, in 5 days I'll be back in france. unfortunately it's too late to visit the pocket pc show in paris...
good luck.
Björn
Posted on May, 31 2004 - 1:05 AM
Hi Björn,
long time no read! How are you? Still living in France?
thanks for the help, didn't know the name of the wizard file. Works indeed! However, I hoped to be able to make a more specialized program myself, because I know the hardware and setup of these sites and I just wanted a window to come up and having them input the name of the connection, the password and the phone number and - magic - it creates a new connection, if the old one is missing. My dream. Thought, I could do that someway with WinDev ..
All the Best!
Guenter
Hi Günter,
may be icwconn1.exe is what you need.
LanceAppli("icwconn1.exe")//try Start/Ausführen... icwconn1.exe /Germany System
If an internetconnection is allready established, I would suggest to use NetOpenRemoteAccess() without any parameters.
HTH
Björn
Thank you in advance!
Guenter
Posted on June, 01 2004 - 12:36 PM
Hi Guenter,
My question was therefore if any of you knows a way how to generate that
connection programmatically. Input would be the phone number, user name and a
password. Everything else should be done by a (WinDev?) program. I did not find
any command in WinDev to do that.

You can create an .INS file (remote connnection file).
In the LST 43 there is an example on how to create one.
I can email it if you don't have this LST.
Regards,
Peter