PC SOFT

PROFESSIONAL NEWSGROUPS
WINDEVWEBDEV and WINDEV Mobile

Home → WINDEV 2024 → MySql connection errors
MySql connection errors
Started by Pascal Scheffers, Jun., 16 2004 1:33 PM - 4 replies
Posted on June, 16 2004 - 1:33 PM
Hi,
I just started working (again) for Unitas Software (Gerard van Woudenberg), and one of the things I want to do is use MySQL (or better still, Postgresql) native access in Windev 8.
I have installed MySQL 4.0.20a and copied the libmysql.dll to windev8\ and windev8\programs\ and (using 'native windev access for mysql') have set datasource to 'localhost', database to 'wd8' (which I created in mysql) and user 'root' and a password. When I click test I get the following error message:
"Unable to connect to 'localhost' database
Component #32 not correctly installed"
Which is not very helpful to me :(
Suggestions are very welcome... Should I have used another version of the mysql.dll or put it in another place, or use a different datasource name?
Regards,
- Pascal.
Posted on June, 16 2004 - 1:39 PM
Have you installed the native access for MySql from PcSoft?
We are using 4.0.18nt and its working great.
Jelte
Hi,
I just started working (again) for Unitas Software (Gerard van Woudenberg), and one of the things I want to do is use MySQL (or better still, Postgresql) native access in Windev 8.
I have installed MySQL 4.0.20a and copied the libmysql.dll to windev8\ and windev8\programs\ and (using 'native windev access for mysql') have set datasource to 'localhost', database to 'wd8' (which I created in mysql) and user 'root' and a password. When I click test I get the following error message:
"Unable to connect to 'localhost' database
Component #32 not correctly installed"
Which is not very helpful to me :(
Suggestions are very welcome... Should I have used another version of the mysql.dll or put it in another place, or use a different datasource name?
Regards,
- Pascal.
Posted on June, 16 2004 - 1:50 PM

I sort of assumed that if the option is there in the sql connection dialog, I had installed it... And using the windev setup, I just selected everything... Must I download something else from somewhere?
Posted on June, 16 2004 - 2:08 PM
I sort of assumed that if the option is there in the sql connection dialog, I had installed it... And using the windev setup, I just selected everything... Must I download something else from somewhere?

I installed the french version, wich gave me the same error at first. wich was fixed once i installed the English one and copied the libmySQL.dll file into the project folder.
I hope it helps a bit.
Posted on June, 17 2004 - 3:54 PM
Hi,
>I just started working (again) for Unitas Software (Gerard van Woudenberg),
Congratulations (??)
and one of the things I want to do is use MySQL (or better still, Postgresql)
native access in Windev 8.

[...]
Don't know if it has something to do with your (+Jelte's) problem but PCS
got a new MySQL natif access version for WD8 since 16/06/2004
(http://www.pcsoft.fr/st/telec/windev8/index.html)
Peter