PC SOFT

PROFESSIONAL NEWSGROUPS
WINDEVWEBDEV and WINDEV Mobile

Home → WINDEV 2024 → Zip File
Zip File
Started by John Marrone, Jun., 24 2004 2:34 PM - 2 replies
Posted on June, 24 2004 - 2:34 PM
I am trying to unzip a file that was zipped with pkzip. It is a file that was zipped by another program on an other computor. I just want to grab the file with the open file dialog < no problem >, then unzip the file and get the filename of the file that was unzipped. The zip file only has 1 file in it. I want to extract it into the same directory that the zip file is located in. I have DynaZip which I could use but then I am going to have to figure out how to use and activeX com object. I would rather be able to do this with WinDev. Can anyone please help. I am a newbie and will have WinDev down soon. Please be pataint with me, WinDev is not done with me yet.(:->)
John Marrone
Posted on June, 24 2004 - 3:27 PM
hello,
Somebody once told me that WinDev7 has its own Zip methode wich isnt compatible with other programs. So if the file has been zipped with another program then it isnt possible to open it with WinDev 7.
Windev 8 on the other hand should be compatible with Winzip and sorts.
I havent tried it yet, not on 7 or 8.
But i dont think you will be able to open a "normal" zip file with WinDev 7.
Jelte

I am trying to unzip a file that was zipped with pkzip. It is a file that was zipped by another program on an other computor. I just want to grab the file with the open file dialog < no problem >, then unzip the file and get the filename of the file that was unzipped. The zip file only has 1 file in it. I want to extract it into the same directory that the zip file is located in. I have DynaZip which I could use but then I am going to have to figure out how to use and activeX com object. I would rather be able to do this with WinDev. Can anyone please help. I am a newbie and will have WinDev down soon. Please be pataint with me, WinDev is not done with me yet.(:->)
John Marrone
Posted on June, 24 2004 - 6:56 PM
Hello John,
The support for standard ZIP files is a feature of WinDev 8.
Raimund
John Marrone

http://www.invitec.com