PC SOFT

PROFESSIONAL NEWSGROUPS
WINDEVWEBDEV and WINDEV Mobile

Home → WINDEV 2024 → collect and store signatures
collect and store signatures
Started by brian pottorff, Oct., 24 2004 7:16 AM - 2 replies
Posted on October, 24 2004 - 7:16 AM
I am trying to price a project that calls for the collection and storage of client signatures by having the user write on a small screen with a wand. Totally foreign ground to me. Has anyone done this in WinDev? What is the general approach? What kind of hardware did you use? In my situation the hardware would be connected directly to networked desktops. Thanks, colleagues. Brian
Posted on October, 26 2004 - 10:13 AM
I make this with a paralel scanner and image controls. The images are stored
in a gif format. Each images is a databse records with a description and
user data. Signature images are linked with this record.
[] pedroso
"brian pottorff" <pi@zianet.com> escreveu na mensagem
news:417b195e$1@news.pcsoft.fr...

I am trying to price a project that calls for the collection and storage
of client signatures by having the user write on a small screen with a
wand. Totally foreign ground to me. Has anyone done this in WinDev? What
is the general approach? What kind of hardware did you use? In my
situation the hardware would be connected directly to networked desktops.
Thanks, colleagues. Brian

Posted on October, 27 2004 - 12:42 PM
You can actually do it with a mouse or any pointing device in Windev itself. We are currently using an palm type device (running CE NET) and then downloading them. The principle is the same.
You open up an image box and then use mouse events to store a series of vectored movements in it. A signature is normally made up of 150-300 small straight lines if you use a 255 x 80 pixel box.
You record the x,y co-ordinates of where each line starts and ends, then throw these as a series of bytes into a record. Note that our box is 255 pixels wide, this means that you can store this as one byte as FF in hex.
So every movement is four bytes, from x1,y1 to x2,y2.
This is the most efficient method of storage as a normal signature is about 1K. Converts to a JPG of 4K.
Quite a lot of maths involved.
>I am trying to price a project that calls for the collection and storage of >client signatures by having the user write on a small screen with a wand. >Totally foreign ground to me. Has anyone done this in WinDev? What is the >general approach? What kind of hardware did you use? In my situation the >hardware would be connected directly to networked desktops. Thanks, >colleagues. Brian