PC SOFT

PROFESSIONAL NEWSGROUPS
WINDEVWEBDEV and WINDEV Mobile

Home → WINDEV 2024 → Linking an existing report to a query
Linking an existing report to a query
Started by M. Beaven, Aug., 12 2003 12:24 AM - 1 reply
Posted on August, 12 2003 - 12:24 AM
Hello all,
I have a fairly complex report that involves many calculations, items, etc. The problem is, I now have a need to run this report through a query for record selection. The report currently runs from a data file without filtering. Can anyone offer any advice on how to approach this task? Do I merely need to create an internal report query and specify the file items that already exist in the report for my query results? If anyone can shed any tips or advice, it would be much appreciated.
Regards,
Marc Beaven
Posted on August, 12 2003 - 1:15 AM
Hello all,
I have a fairly complex report that involves many calculations, items, etc. The problem is, I now have a need to run this report through a query for record selection. The report currently runs from a data file without filtering. Can anyone offer any advice on how to approach this task? Do I merely need to create an internal report query and specify the file items that already exist in the report for my query results? If anyone can shed any tips or advice, it would be much appreciated.
Regards,
Marc Beaven

Speaking of WD 7.5 ?
In the report description / Data Tab you can change the combo "printed data comes from" to internal (included) query and then immediately define this query.
Or you change to "project query" if you want to use an existing query
heinz