PC SOFT

PROFESSIONAL NEWSGROUPS
WINDEVWEBDEV and WINDEV Mobile

Home → WINDEV 2024 → [WD 8] Hardware question
[WD 8] Hardware question
Started by Erik, May, 06 2005 9:58 PM - 5 replies
Posted on May, 06 2005 - 9:58 PM
I have problems to startup WinDev 8 on a Acer Aspire 1310 with 768 MB RAM. My Acer has a S3 SavageDDR Pro videocard with 32 MB onboard and still WinDev 8 crashes. My desktop (AMD64) with 1 GB and a Radeon 9800FX with 128 MB works fine. Does anybody know what the problem could be? I have tried many settings for DirectX in combination with videocard tweaks but nothing seems to help
Any suggestions are welcome.
Regards,
Erik
Posted on May, 07 2005 - 10:08 AM
Hmm. You say 'Crash'. Can you start WinDev and use it and after a while it's crashing OR are you unable to start WinDev at all? In case of the latter, most probably, your problems pertain to the Aladdin dongle driver. Download and install the latest driver from their site. In case you can work for a while until WD crashes, you should have a look at all running processes (Ctrl-Alt-Del) and compare them to your desktop.
Best regards,
Guenter
I have problems to startup WinDev 8 on a Acer Aspire 1310 with 768 MB RAM. My Acer has a S3 SavageDDR Pro videocard with 32 MB onboard and still WinDev 8 crashes. My desktop (AMD64) with 1 GB and a Radeon 9800FX with 128 MB works fine. Does anybody know what the problem could be? I have tried many settings for DirectX in combination with videocard tweaks but nothing seems to help
Regards,
Erik
Posted on May, 08 2005 - 3:50 AM
Hi Guenter,
The problem is that WinDev loads all necessary .dll of the IDE untill I see the open project dialog. Some menu and background of WinDev is visible but the loading of WinDev IDE components stops and the program crashes. I have installed all latest Windows XP drivers (giving no problem to run Visual Studio .NET 2003 of whatever) and latest Hasp HL Aladdin driver. I think the problem resides in memory leaks of reading and writing video information in some of the PC Soft .dll's (C++) of the IDE supporting DirectX. But I have unfortunately less time to debug the WinDev.exe to find out exactly. I know that I am not the only one who has this problem (read different forums). I will try to upgrade my laptop to 1 GB RAM just like my desktop. Maybe this will help and I will check the running processes.
Thanks for your reaction.
Regards,
Erik

Hmm. You say 'Crash'. Can you start WinDev and use it and after a while it's crashing OR are you unable to start WinDev at all? In case of the latter, most probably, your problems pertain to the Aladdin dongle driver. Download and install the latest driver from their site. In case you can work for a while until WD crashes, you should have a look at all running processes (Ctrl-Alt-Del) and compare them to your desktop.
Best regards,
Guenter
Regards,
Erik
Posted on May, 08 2005 - 4:14 AM
G'day Erik
We only use Win2000 on our development computers but had problems running windev apps on some XP laptops with service pack 2 and the only way to fix it was to remove the service pack.
Regards
Al
Posted on May, 08 2005 - 5:32 PM
G'day Erik
We only use Win2000 on our development computers but had problems running windev apps on some XP laptops with service pack 2 and the only way to fix it was to remove the service pack.
Regards
Al

Hi Al,
Thanks for you info because I have tried almost everything and nothing seems to help. I'll try Windows 2000 Pro. Another strange thing occured on my desktop after installing patch 312pu. The objects in the demo application CRM is not recognized bij the new patch. Is this a known problem?
Regards,
Erik
Posted on May, 11 2005 - 5:34 AM
Hi Erik,
XP SP2 installs MS's Security Centre and enforces permissions much more vigorously. This makes life difficult for any non-MS product to run correctly.
In our experience try turning off the MS Security Centre and then try running Windev again ensuring that you have personal user permissions to access all the Windev folders and sub-folders.
HTH.
Regards,
Chris Vawser