PC SOFT

PROFESSIONAL NEWSGROUPS
WINDEVWEBDEV and WINDEV Mobile

Home → WINDEV 2024 → WD9 - Calendar Super Control
WD9 - Calendar Super Control
Started by Donald Montaine, Jun., 22 2005 6:16 PM - 3 replies
Posted on June, 22 2005 - 6:16 PM
When I attempt to use a calendar super control, it returns an error in line 18 of the init procedure, where the datetoday() function is used. Apparently the integer has a value of '00000001' and the function assumes this is 0.
Has any one any suggestions on getting the calendar popup window to work correctly?
Posted on June, 22 2005 - 8:59 PM
When I attempt to use a calendar super control, it returns an error in line 18 of the init procedure, where the datetoday() function is used. Apparently the integer has a value of '00000001' and the function assumes this is 0.
Has any one any suggestions on getting the calendar popup window to work correctly?

Hi Donald,
once upon a time, I made the calendar control work and had been disappointed about its misbehaviours on different screen resolutions. In fact, this control had been a demo for using a graphics background, I think, back from WD5.5 and maybe earlier.
So, I sat down and made my own calendar control. It shows (Austrian) holidays in red and - since it is a simple window - works with any screen resolution. I have a test project somewhere, which is not very clever done, but it's showing the principle. If you are interested ... a mail will return the download address of that test project.
Regards,
Guenter
Posted on June, 23 2005 - 9:25 AM

When I got WinDev 8 I changed the language in my current project from 'English' to 'American'. The calendar control uses the 'Multilingual Message Function' to choose rows to be modified. The Row identifier is set for the 'English' messages but not the 'American' messages. So their is a non-valid title generated for each element.
FOR j=1 TO 7
{"D1_" + j, indControl}..Text = "00"
{"D1_" + j, indControl}..ToolTip = ""
{"D5_" + j, indControl}..Text = "00"
{"D5_" + j, indControl}..ToolTip = ""
{"D6_" + j, indControl}..Text = "00"
{"D6_" + j, indControl}..ToolTip = ""
END
So if the language is set to American the D1 D5 & D6 do not appear between the quotes. My solution has been to set the default language back to 'English'.
Posted on June, 23 2005 - 9:33 AM

Also on lines 91 to 93 the values after the semicolon have not been internationalized yet and have the values hard coded in a way that causes the program to break. After making these changes the popup calendar works fine.