PC SOFT

PROFESSIONAL NEWSGROUPS
WINDEVWEBDEV and WINDEV Mobile

Home → WINDEV 2024 → Student needs some help with a question about windev
Student needs some help with a question about windev
Started by Rhodri Bowen, Jun., 23 2005 1:49 PM - 3 replies
Posted on June, 23 2005 - 1:49 PM
Hello every body, this is my first post here so be gentle.
I am a student on a work placement in a company who is looking into windev and wants to develop an application witch can use windev.
They already have an Access data base and would like to integrate with Windev.
Having read the information on the web site, it says that windev can import Access and VB files into its windows.
Can the application also export information to Access and VB as I have read a post saying that only windev version 9 can do this?
The reason I ask if windev can import and export to VB and Access information, is that the feature that the company would like to look into and develop, is if a client rings the help/front desk, all the clients information will be displayed on a monitor screen as the phone conversation is taking place without the operator/helper pressing a key.
Putting it simple, can windev be used to develop such an application?
Any reply on the subject would be greatly appreciated.
Rod
Posted on June, 23 2005 - 6:01 PM
Having looked at all the tutorial examples online I have stumbled across the “WD8 Telephony” example.
Has any one use this example as I would like to know how it operates when calling out and receiving incoming calls, as I do not have a phone line to use.
I presume that file association can be entered and programmed so that extra information can appear inside another window.
If this is true could someone confirm what I am thinking or am I barking up the wrong tree?
Posted on June, 24 2005 - 3:07 PM
Based on what I've read in the WD8 manuals and looking at the WD8 Telephony example, you should be able to accomplish this with Windev. I don't see where you would need export to VB though. Just use the ODBC driver to read/write directly to the "Access" files and you're done.

Cheers!
Ken
Posted on June, 24 2005 - 3:53 PM
Thanks for the reply Ken, greatly appreciated.
This may seen a simple question to most competent programmers, I now have another question that will probably have a simple answer.
The company I am working for is looking into sending an ASCII string of letters down a RS232 cable from one PC to another.
Can the developed Windev application recognise the ASCII code and open the required window and data bases.