PC SOFT

PROFESSIONAL NEWSGROUPS
WINDEVWEBDEV and WINDEV Mobile

Home → WINDEV 2024 → Windev and AS/400
Windev and AS/400
Started by H.Bach, Jun., 23 2005 9:12 PM - 1 reply
Posted on June, 23 2005 - 9:12 PM
Hi all,
i have some questions about Windev and AS/400. As an Ex-Magic programmer i know how easy it is to do this in Magic.
Now we have 2 projects in the pipeline where we need to access AS/400 and we look at Windev as an option.
Maybe (if WinDev fits my needs) I want to do this projects in WinDev. But before I make my choice I have to clear some points if I can make with WinDev what I need (for this I need and want to Upgrade to Version 9).
Here are my questions (and problems) :
- Can I write a WebService with WinDev that can be accessed by other languages (for example Visual FoxPro or VB) ?
- What exactly do I need (the WinDev part, Server Software etc.etc.) to run this WinDev WebService ?
- Can I connect to the AS/400 with this WebService using the WinDev AS/400 Gateway (we need to access the DB2/400 and read some data and write data or call programs written in RPG and CL) ?
- Can I call for example RPG programs on the AS/400 with this WebService written in WinDev ?
- How many AS/400 connector clients do I need for Windev (to access the AS/400) if this WebService (or program that runs in Backgroundmode) runs on a Server and can be connected by 3 concurrent users at the same time ?

We have a software written for Healtcare and I need to read Data (from DB2/400) and write Data (over a RPG program) on the AS/400. My plan is to write a program (in Windev) that runs on a Windows server as a WebService and can be called by our app to exchange data between our Application and the Application that runs on the AS/400.
Do you understand what I want to do ?
Greetings from Germany
H.Bach
Posted on June, 25 2005 - 2:15 AM
H.Bach
Can I write a WebService with WinDev that can be accessed by other languages (for example Visual FoxPro or VB)
Yes WinDev will create the WebService nicely for u and yes any other language/system can consume the service so long as they follow the standards and that includes Visual FoxPro or VB
HTH

http://www.objeKtive.com