PC SOFT

PROFESSIONAL NEWSGROUPS
WINDEVWEBDEV and WINDEV Mobile

Home → WINDEV 2024 → Warning: opening a project from a different location
Warning: opening a project from a different location
Started by Albert Buitenhuis, Sep., 09 2005 5:55 PM - 1 reply
Posted on September, 09 2005 - 5:55 PM
Hi there. Third time today.
Probably no one ever opens a project on a different place. But I do. We usually open the project on one of our servers. No problemo. Sometimes I make a copy of the project on a local drive to work => somewhere else. Works perfect. Little synchronisation and administration before and after.
When I open project X.wdp locally, work for a while, next day synchonise some changes, and open the project on the SERVER again, I have 2B very aware: The kouglov will still open classes and (global) procedures LOCALLY, even when the project on the server was opened. And that's not correct... mr Pc Soft.
I hope WD9 will be better. Waiting >1 month for a license now...

MSG-i Netherlands NV
Posted on September, 14 2005 - 12:51 AM
Probably no one ever opens a project on a different place. But I do. We usually open the project on one of our servers. No problemo. Sometimes I make a copy of the project on a local drive to work => somewhere else. Works perfect. Little synchronisation and administration before and after.
When I open project X.wdp locally, work for a while, next day synchonise some changes, and open the project on the SERVER again, I have 2B very aware: The kouglov will still open classes and (global) procedures LOCALLY, even when the project on the server was opened. And that's not correct... mr Pc Soft.
I hope WD9 will be better. Waiting >1 month for a license now...

I did too in WD7.5, and to avoid having to recompile the project everytime it was opened under a new path, in the end I mapped the same drive letter to either the server or the local directory. Worked quite well.
Regards
mat