PC SOFT

PROFESSIONAL NEWSGROUPS
WINDEVWEBDEV and WINDEV Mobile

Home → WINDEV 2024 → Auto Datafile Modification (HFCS) and Integrity.fic
Auto Datafile Modification (HFCS) and Integrity.fic
Started by M. Beaven, Sep., 13 2005 8:26 PM - 4 replies
Posted on September, 13 2005 - 8:26 PM
Hello all,
I have converted all of the apps we host to HF Client Server and have been very happy with the results. I have recently, however, run into an issue concerning integrity errors that has been difficult to trace. Finally, I have found what appears to be the problem. It appears that the automatic datafile modification process (included with the install exe.) is failing to perform any updates to the integrity.fic (located in the _system folder for your specific database) file, even when the constraints (links) have been modified in the analysis.
If I use the WdModFic.exe directly from the development environment, the final step is to modify the links file (integrity.fic), and this works appropriately.
Obviously, this presents a major problem, since I will not be able to use the install process to perform updates to the constraint file.
Even more strange, the application seems to perform perfectly well even if I delete all of the records in the integrity.fic file.
So I suppose I have three questions:
What is the role of the integrity.fic file (my assumption is that it is referenced on Hcommands to preserve the file integrity as per the analysis), and would this file be necessary if integrity was managed through code in the program?
Does anyone know a trick (or been able) to update the integrity.fic file from an install?
Thanks for any insight or comments,
Marc
Posted on September, 13 2005 - 9:08 PM
Nevermind my comment that the application perform perfectly well with the integrity.fic file not updated. It seems any variation between the analysis and this file will produce an error from the Hyperfile Server- which brings me back to my original problem -How to ensure it gets updated?
Regards,
Marc

Hello all,
I have converted all of the apps we host to HF Client Server and have been very happy with the results. I have recently, however, run into an issue concerning integrity errors that has been difficult to trace. Finally, I have found what appears to be the problem. It appears that the automatic datafile modification process (included with the install exe.) is failing to perform any updates to the integrity.fic (located in the _system folder for your specific database) file, even when the constraints (links) have been modified in the analysis.
If I use the WdModFic.exe directly from the development environment, the final step is to modify the links file (integrity.fic), and this works appropriately.
Obviously, this presents a major problem, since I will not be able to use the install process to perform updates to the constraint file.
Even more strange, the application seems to perform perfectly well even if I delete all of the records in the integrity.fic file.
What is the role of the integrity.fic file (my assumption is that it is referenced on Hcommands to preserve the file integrity as per the analysis), and would this file be necessary if integrity was managed through code in the program?
Does anyone know a trick (or been able) to update the integrity.fic file from an install?
Marc
Posted on September, 14 2005 - 1:09 AM
>Does anyone know a trick (or been able) to update the integrity.fic file from an install?
Hi, unfortunately, no I don't but your report worries me as I planned using HF C/S in the future. This almost seems to be too gross a bug. It should be a straight forward matter to be clarified easily with PC Soft?
Regards
mat
Posted on September, 14 2005 - 1:39 AM
mat,
My thoughts are the same as yours, I have sent the info to PCSoft and am awaiting a reply.
Hi, unfortunately, no I don't but your report worries me as I planned using HF C/S in the future. This almost seems to be too gross a bug. It should be a straight forward matter to be clarified easily with PC Soft?

Regards
mat
Posted on September, 15 2005 - 8:40 PM
I received a reply from PCSoft that verifies that the integrity.fic file is not automatically updated with the automatic datafile modification process, but rather is updated on a server hcreation command.
It is also reported that this action wil be performed automatically with the future version of C/S.
Thanks PCSoft for listening and responding.
Nevermind my comment that the application perform perfectly well with the integrity.fic file not updated. It seems any variation between the analysis and this file will produce an error from the Hyperfile Server- which brings me back to my original problem -How to ensure it gets updated?
Regards,
Marc

Hello all,
Marc