PC SOFT

PROFESSIONAL NEWSGROUPS
WINDEVWEBDEV and WINDEV Mobile

Home → WINDEV 2024 → OLE DB Driver is not installed
OLE DB Driver is not installed
Started by Jiva SZTRAKA, Aug., 03 2016 3:50 PM - 2 replies
Posted on August, 03 2016 - 3:50 PM
Hi there

For my current project I need to be able to retrieve data from an Access (MDB) file - which will need to be synchronized frequently (daily).

Based on my readings I understand this shouldn't be a problem - just a matter of installing the OLEDB driver that came with the WinDev installation disc, and using the import process via the Analysis pane to create the connection & analysis of the external data file - which can then be synchronized on a suitable schedule.

However I'm unable to even import the description of the database (Access) file as I'm getting the following error as soon as I try selection 'Access' (along with most other types of databases):

"This OLE DB driver is not installed.
Check whether it is available in 64 bits.
To import your database, it must be installed before you continue."

Like I said I've tried installing and re-installing the "OLEDB" driver that was located on the installation disc (zipped archive within the 'Install' directory - however that doesn't seem to make a difference. I've also downloaded and installed MDAC 2.8, as well as both 32bit and 64bit versions of Microsoft Access Database Engine.

No matter what I do it seems WinDev 21 will just not detect the OLEDB driver on my system.

Hoping someone here can help me find the solution?

Cheers,

Jiva
Posted on August, 21 2017 - 1:17 PM
I'm having the exact same problem (with windev19).
Tried installing different OLE drivers, Office packages with no results.

Have you meanwhile found a solution for this problem?
Posted on January, 02 2024 - 1:38 PM
Exactly the same problem here