PC SOFT

PROFESSIONAL NEWSGROUPS
WINDEVWEBDEV and WINDEV Mobile

Home → WINDEV 2024 → How to re-struct a FIC after application distrubuted?
How to re-struct a FIC after application distrubuted?
Started by King, Feb., 26 2004 2:11 AM - 2 replies
Posted on February, 26 2004 - 2:11 AM
Hi All,
Suppose I extend some length of a field or add a new field of an existing hyperfile table (data existed) in the analysis, the WDD file updated and also the .FIC/.NDX in my application, then how could I update the one that
I'd already distributed to my customers whose data are existed and cannot be emptied.
Any simple function call can handle this without writing specific code in this case?
Appreciating to see any practical sample code and thks in advance!
Thks again,
King
Posted on February, 26 2004 - 5:46 AM
Hi,
you have to decide for the means of installation of any updates.
a) You go with PC Soft's installation routines that are generated by using Project..Create End-User Version. This way you 'make' a complete CD with autorun, compressed executable and - automatic restructuring. WD 7.5 setup is much more advanced than that of WD 5.5 where I'd recommend using a 3rd party installer.
b) You are using the installer of your choice. This way you have to understand and use WDMODFIC.EXE (use WD7.5-Help!) in order to have automatic restructuring. All WD7.5 restructuring works on basis of the .WDD-file, where the changes to your files are recorded. Restructuring in WD 5.5 is based upon the wdd-file PLUS the *.bin files. In WD7.5 it's straightforward to execute WDMODFIC while the WD5.5-WDMODFIC.EXE needs an own project with no window to start it from there. The script of the installer has not only to contain the setup of the updated application, after that you have to start WDMODFIC.EXE. For WD5.5 I'm using Inno Setup
Best regards,
Guenter

Hi All,
Suppose I extend some length of a field or add a new field of an existing hyperfile table (data existed) in the analysis, the WDD file updated and also the .FIC/.NDX in my application, then how could I update the one that
I'd already distributed to my customers whose data are existed and cannot be emptied.
Any simple function call can handle this without writing specific code in this case?
Appreciating to see any practical sample code and thks in advance!
Thks again,
King
Posted on February, 26 2004 - 5:58 AM
Thanks again, Guenter!
Greetings
King