WINDEVWEBDEV and WINDEV Mobile

Home → WINDEV Mobile 2024 → External Java SDK Classes in Windev Mobile Android
External Java SDK Classes in Windev Mobile Android
Started by Gautam, Mar., 21 2016 11:22 AM - 2 replies
Registered member
67 messages
Posted on March, 21 2016 - 11:22 AM
Hi

How do you reference third party external java classes in a windev Mobile (Android) 19 Project?

I have a biometric device that comes with its own sdk (.java and .class). I would like to reference these within my WM19 project.

I know that we have to create a global procedure and click on WL to change to Java and put the code there. However what I am not sure on is where to place the .java or .class files within the project. Do we add them as "other" elements in the project explorer? Do we place them in certain folder within the project or do we have to place them in the android folder or something similar? How does the windev mobile project find the java sdk files?

When I generate the project - get the following error:

"package com.fgtit.fpengine" does not exist import fgtit.fpengine.fpdevice
^

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks and regards

Gautam
Registered member
105 messages
Posted on March, 24 2016 - 9:12 PM
If you figure this out, I would love to know the answer.

I'm struggling with an android api for a bar code reader.

I have the .aidl and .java files as well as the code to use them, just not sure how to tell WDM where and what they are.
Posted on May, 19 2016 - 1:42 PM
Hi.

If you have a JAR library you can include it in the Generate Application process.

If you have only a JAVA source you can compile the java code and generate a JAR to include or you can create a Global Procedure containing the java source code. In this case you must follow the WM rules with java code (all the procedures must be Public Static, you can pass only int and string parameter types to call to/from WM procedures, ...)

Look for examples. It's easy when you see how must do it.

Rubén