WINDEV, WEBDEV and WINDEV Mobile
|Started by ARV, Feb., 11 2019 10:52 PM - 7 replies|
Posted on February, 11 2019 - 10:52 PM
I have this issue
I have a project on Mobile in Android I changed the config of my project to be Ansi only just like the PC for default.
I want to send a socket to a service on windows, but the info doesn't get to what I want.
ok I send the info like 114+A
on my DB it's like 1+
and if it's a project from PC to my service it works pretty well.
I know it's about this things of Ansi and Unicode but I change my project of Android to be all of Ansi and still doesn't work.
Posted on February, 14 2019 - 5:33 PM
In Project Explorer, right click on Project, and click on Project Description.
Go to Languages.
In Character set for ANSI Configuration, select <ANSI>.
See if that helps.
Posted on February, 14 2019 - 6:06 PM
Thanks for your reply
I already did this before everything else and still doesn't work.
I figure it out that it has to be with the string I want to use, for somereason even tought My project it's on Ansi on both PC and Android still doesn't work properly
the string it's this:
Before I find this error my project on Android was on Unicode and PC on Ansi so I send the socket from Android to PC converting my string no ansi something like
and it works cool also on my socketRead on Android I do the same transfer AnsiToUnicode and works great.
But if both from project config are on Ansi this still doesn't work.
I can't use the convert function because the string it's on Ansi
so I don't know why this is failing.
Posted on February, 18 2019 - 6:50 PM
Try using a buffer when writing.
I'm writing and reading to a device not a server.
I am sending everything back and forth in a buffer. (Hex)
Posted on February, 20 2019 - 10:19 PM
See the thread on Socket Issues.
There is an update that may help?
Posted on February, 21 2019 - 2:21 PM
Thanks for your help
Nope theres no updateds on the website of PCSoft about anything.
I need to write to my server not on the devices.
In the end I changed the String I was using to anothe one and get it to work.
Posted on February, 26 2019 - 7:46 PM
Just ran into your issue again.
In Project Explorer, right click on Project.
In the first tab, Project, click the button "Description of current configuration"
On the Unicode tab, select Use ANSI strings at runtime.
Posted on February, 27 2019 - 2:20 PM
Thanks for your reply
In the end the problem it's that this string in particular:
it's not available on the table ASCII for Ansi
if I do this on UNICODE maybe it could work, for now I change everything on UNICODE just to make iPhone work too.
the only thing it's that to make sure Android, iPhone and PC work together I need to transfor every String to UTF8 and then on Android, iPhone and PC change the UTF8 to String.
Then again thanks for your help I really appreciation all of your ideas.
about your last post I already did this to change it on run time but then again ANSI do not have that string on his table of ASCII.
Hope this thread could help someone that could have my exact same problem.
good luck on your dev!