PC SOFT

FOROS PROFESIONALES
WINDEVWEBDEV y WINDEV Mobile

Inicio → WEBDEV 2024 → Windows Web Server
Windows Web Server
Iniciado por Dimitrios Moidinis, 14,mar. 2008 14:10 - 5 respuestas
Publicado el 14,marzo 2008 - 14:10
After having a look around for hosting services that would support a WebDeb Server I decided to go the DIY way and setup my own.

To create your own windows WebDev server all you need is a fairly good pc, a static ip and Windows Server (I used Windows Server 2003 Web Edition which offers all that is needed, is cheaper than other server editions and is very fast)

Basic steps
1) Get a static IP for your internet connection
2) If you want to use a Domain Name (ie www.myname.com) register your name and setup a DNS Zone to link your domain name to your Static IP Address
3) Setup Windows Server
4) Go to IIS Manager and create a website
5) Install WebDev Server and configure the settings according to the instructions
6) Open the HTTP port 80 on your router and redirect traffic to your server pc

If anybody wants help in how to do this please don't hesitate to contact me on this post. It may look complicated but it isn't more than a days work...
Publicado el 13,mayo 2008 - 18:52
Hi Dimitrios,
I did the same but with windows server 2003 standard edition and only for intranet, so the ip problem doesn't apply.
In fact the windows server web edition is mutch cheaper but i was afraid of the limitations in this version.
I need another web server in another location for backup and disaster recovery problems, i'm considering using the web edition.
Can you tell me if there are any limitations in the windows 2003 web edition that impact with webdev?
I asked pcsoft some time ago and their answer was "Dear Sir,
Yes it can. However 2003 Web Edition comes with very high security settings. Your network administrator might be required to adjust the IIS settings in order for the AWP CGI engine to perform properly."
I have one site with dynamic pages and another with AWP and because of the pcsoft answer i choose the standard edition but in didn't encounter any problem in the web edition i will choose that one for the secundary site.
Publicado el 20,mayo 2008 - 08:58
Thxs for your information but i'm very newbie in this stuff's (WWWW) so
what i need to do to setup a "test" web page in my personal PC, the idea
is use this pc to use WEBDEV and create all my stuff's then i need to
know how pass all the good ideas to the real web server but for now i
need to use my personal pc

Thxs

JM Villasenor

Dimitrios Moidinis wrote:
After having a look around for hosting services that would support a WebDeb Server I decided to go the DIY way and setup my own.

To create your own windows WebDev server all you need is a fairly good pc, a static ip and Windows Server (I used Windows Server 2003 Web Edition which offers all that is needed, is cheaper than other server editions and is very fast)

Basic steps
2) If you want to use a Domain Name (ie www.myname.com) register your name and setup a DNS Zone to link your domain name to your Static IP Address
3) Setup Windows Server
5) Install WebDev Server and configure the settings according to the instructions

If anybody wants help in how to do this please don't hesitate to contact me on this post. It may look complicated but it isn't more than a days work...
Publicado el 20,mayo 2008 - 10:06
Hello Juan...

Start by just following the steps provided by the WebDev DVD (install
the web server, either apache or IIS, when the webdev installer proposes
it, and you should be able to create and test on your own machine

best regards

--
Fabrice Harari
International WinDev, WebDev and WinDev mobile Consulting

More information on http://www.fabriceharari.com

Juan Villasenor wrote:
Thxs for your information but i'm very newbie in this stuff's (WWWW) so
what i need to do to setup a "test" web page in my personal PC, the idea
is use this pc to use WEBDEV and create all my stuff's then i need to
know how pass all the good ideas to the real web server but for now i
need to use my personal pc

Thxs

JM Villasenor

Dimitrios Moidinis wrote:

Basic steps
3) Setup Windows Server

Publicado el 22,noviembre 2008 - 10:07
Hi Dimitrios,

I also am trying to install webserver ek
I have a Windows 2003 server enterprise, public ip, etc.
already set up well but the IIS WebServer not Pass the test in AWP Protocols

I can outline the steps necessary to know that this evil.

my email is soporte@kronoscr.com

Thank you

Manuel
Publicado el 12,agosto 2011 - 19:58
Hi,

I have tried the steps that u have said, I have installed the IIS. I tried to check if my site works in my local machine. I used Webdev Admin tool, configured everything,checked the server and the site settings, and when i click on the test page it works fine. But when I go to my browser and type localhost it just brings up the directories. In the IIS, I just clicked on "add a new website" and configured the virtual path to my site. I know I am missing some configuration on IIS part, I am a beginner so let me know what should be done further.

Thanks