PC SOFT

FOROS PROFESIONALES
WINDEVWEBDEV y WINDEV Mobile

Inicio → WEBDEV 2024 → Invoke server function on edit box onBlur
Invoke server function on edit box onBlur
Iniciado por Chris, 18,abr. 2012 11:52 - 2 respuestas
Publicado el 18,abril 2012 - 11:52
Hello,

I have a registration form. One of the fields is a text box (edit control) asking for the username. What I want to do, as most webapps these days do, is to automatically check if the username is available when the user tabs off of the field, without waiting to hit a submit button.

In the ideal world, I'd just code a HReadSeekFirst/If HFound in the onBlur event but that is not allowed in the browser code. So, how do I enter browser code, that will call a server procedure, or to accomplish the above?

Thanks
Chris
Publicado el 22,octubre 2012 - 13:49
Hello,

I have also the sam question. Does anyone know how to do this?
I'm just starting with WebDev... so maybe it's a stupid question.. ;-)

Chris wrote in news message <7de6db3f543e2989a093ea13ebc52456@news.pcsoft>:
Hello,

I have a registration form. One of the fields is a text box (edit control) asking for the username. What I want to do, as most webapps these days do, is to automatically check if the username is available when the user tabs off of the field, without waiting to hit a submit button.

In the ideal world, I'd just code a HReadSeekFirst/If HFound in the onBlur event but that is not allowed in the browser code. So, how do I enter browser code, that will call a server procedure, or to accomplish the above?

Thanks
Chris
Publicado el 31,octubre 2012 - 08:30
Yes.
1. Create a Server procedure to do the lookup. It must return a value.
2. Call it via Ajaxexecute in the browser code of your field.
3. Do conditional browser side stuff.

That's the principle. I do it myself on my sites

Cheers

Bob