FOROS PROFESIONALES
WINDEVWEBDEV y WINDEV Mobile

Inicio → WEBDEV 2024 → WTF ? Wierd bug
WTF ? Wierd bug
Iniciado por Stef, 25,mar. 2013 10:54 - 3 respuestas
Miembro registrado
45 mensajes
Publicado el 25,marzo 2013 - 10:54
Any command on the first line of an "Exit with modification (onchange)" browser code of an edit control is rejected with errors that are completely not appropriate and simply incorrect.

For example
EDT_v1..X=200 generates an error saying "indirection is not allowed in browser code".
This isn't even indirection !!!
Any correct command I write there is rejected with the most insane error notifications.
When I simply add an empty line first all correct code is suddenly accepted ?!
Removing the empty line causes the errors to re-appear ??

I must admit that this is the wierdest bug I have ever seen. The workaround is simply leaving the empty line so the problem is solved for me, I just wanted to inform all of you about this issue.
I just updated my WebDev 17 with the latest release, maybe this causes the error I have not experienced before ?
Publicado el 25,marzo 2013 - 14:37
Hi Stef

I tried the same thing without any problem...

You should try to exit your project, delete the .cpl directory and the
..env file, then renter the project and recompile and see if that solves
the problem

best regards

On 3/25/2013 4:02 AM, Stef wrote:
Any command on the first line of an "Exit with modification (onchange)" browser code of an edit control is rejected with errors that are completely not appropriate and simply incorrect.

For example
EDT_v1..X 0 generates an error saying "indirection is not allowed in browser code".
This isn't even indirection !!!
Any correct command I write there is rejected with the most insane error notifications.
When I simply add an empty line first all correct code is suddenly accepted ?!
Removing the empty line causes the errors to re-appear ??

I must admit that this is the wierdest bug I have ever seen. The workaround is simply leaving the empty line so the problem is solved for me, I just wanted to inform all of you about this issue.
I just updated my WebDev 17 with the latest release, maybe this causes the error I have not experienced before ?
Miembro registrado
45 mensajes
Publicado el 05,abril 2013 - 12:31
I am expieriencing more and more of these bizarre phenomena.
Now an entire block of browser code in a control entry (onfocus) procedure is suddenly interpreted as if each single word is a variable. The code was running fine all day and now the entire block is one huge "syntax error".

For example
BTNX is int
BTNY is int
EDT_LabelNr..Value= MySelf..Name
EDT_LabelValue..Value=MySelf..Value
BTNX = MySelf..X
BTNY = MySelf..Y+20
BTN_RepositionLabel..X=BTNX
BTN_RepositionLabel..Y=BTNY
BTN_RepositionLabel..Visible=True

Easy and straightforward but now suddenly all text is green as if each word is interpreted as a variable.
- closing and reopening the project will not help
- deleting all code and retyping will not work, not even after saving and reopening
- when I copy the code to any another procedure everything works fine, just not when i copy it to any other edit control's control entry (onfocus) procedure.

@ Fabrice: I located the .cpl folder but I get lots of .env files. Which one of them should I delete ?
Publicado el 05,abril 2013 - 16:58
Hi stef

you should delete the WHOLE .cpl directory and the MyProject.env file in
the main project directory

Best regards

--
Fabrice Harari
International WinDev, WebDev and WinDev mobile Consulting

More information on http://www.fabriceharari.com

On 4/5/2013 7:56 AM, Stef wrote:
I am expieriencing more and more of these bizarre phenomena.
Now an entire block of browser code in a control entry (onfocus) procedure is suddenly interpreted as if each single word is a variable. The code was running fine all day and now the entire block is one huge "syntax error".

For example
BTNX is int
BTNY is int
EDT_LabelNr..Value= MySelf..Name
EDT_LabelValue..Value=MySelf..Value
BTNX = MySelf..X
BTNY = MySelf..Y+20
BTN_RepositionLabel..X=BTNX
BTN_RepositionLabel..Y=BTNY
BTN_RepositionLabel..Visible=True

Easy and straightforward but now suddenly all text is green as if each word is interpreted as a variable.
- closing and reopening the project will not help
- deleting all code and retyping will not work, not even after saving and reopening
- when I copy the code to any another procedure everything works fine, just not when i copy it to any other edit control's control entry (onfocus) procedure.

@ Fabrice: I located the .cpl folder but I get lots of .env files. Which one of them should I delete ?