FOROS PROFESIONALES
WINDEVWEBDEV y WINDEV Mobile

Inicio → WINDEV 2024 → Cash Register drawer
Cash Register drawer
Iniciado por Marius van der Watl, 15,may. 2004 18:27 - 9 respuestas
Publicado el 15,mayo 2004 - 18:27
Hi Everyone
Using WD8
I would like to know how to open a cash register drawer via a network cable (I presume it is a network cable because it fits in at at the back of the cash register drawer).
Do I use a Cross-over network cable or not?
Any suggestions, would really be appreciated.
Regards
Marius
Publicado el 15,mayo 2004 - 21:55
Marius,
opening of these drawers is usually done by use of a serial connection. However, I've seen use of a parallel cable too. However, most cash register hardware offers a bunch of serial ports (COM1: to COM4:) plus a lot of USB ports, but only one parallel connection. I never have seen a network cable connected to the drawer.
Best regards
Guenter
Hi Everyone
Using WD8
I would like to know how to open a cash register drawer via a network cable (I presume it is a network cable because it fits in at at the back of the cash register drawer).
Regards
Marius
Publicado el 15,mayo 2004 - 22:42
Hi Guenter
Thanks for the feedback.
There are no Parallel or serial connections at the back of the cash register. There is however one connection and it is called "Control Signal from POS printer"
Regards
Marius
Marius,
opening of these drawers is usually done by use of a serial connection. However, I've seen use of a parallel cable too. However, most cash register hardware offers a bunch of serial ports (COM1: to COM4:) plus a lot of USB ports, but only one parallel connection. I never have seen a network cable connected to the drawer.
Best regards
Guenter
Hi Everyone
Using WD8
Regards
Marius
Publicado el 15,mayo 2004 - 23:44
Oh yes, Marius,
forgot to mention that most EPSON POS-printers can have a cable to the cash drawer. A control signal will open the cash drawer. Have a look here (search for 'cash drawer')
Regards,
Guenter
Hi Guenter
Thanks for the feedback.
There are no Parallel or serial connections at the back of the cash register. There is however one connection and it is called "Control Signal from POS printer"
Regards
Marius
Marius,
Best regards
Guenter
Hi Everyone
Using WD8
Regards
Marius
Publicado el 16,mayo 2004 - 10:43
Thanks Guenter
Will look at it today
Regards
Marius
Oh yes, Marius,
forgot to mention that most EPSON POS-printers can have a cable to the cash drawer. A control signal will open the cash drawer. Have a look here (search for 'cash drawer')
Regards,
Guenter
Hi Guenter
Thanks for the feedback.
Regards
Marius
Marius,
Best regards
Guenter
Hi Everyone
Using WD8
Regards
Marius
Publicado el 16,mayo 2004 - 10:59
Hallo Marius,
there are two possibilities to open a cash drawer:
If you have a POS Printer like EPSON TMT88, you have a cable looks like a network kable to connect the cash drawer to the printer and then you can send a command to the printer to open the cash drawer.
You can buy another cabel ( Adapter ) with a little bit electronic. Then you connect the cash drawer to the seriell port and send a command to the seriell port to open the cash drawer.
I think to open the cash drawer over network, parallel or USB is not posssible for the moment.
Christoph
Thanks Guenter
Will look at it today
Regards
Marius
Oh yes, Marius,
Regards,
Guenter
Hi Guenter
Thanks for the feedback.
Regards
Marius
Marius,
Best regards
Guenter
Hi Everyone
Using WD8
Regards
Marius
Publicado el 16,mayo 2004 - 22:06
Hi Christoph
Thank you very much for the information.
Regards
Marius
Hallo Marius,
If you have a POS Printer like EPSON TMT88, you have a cable looks like a network kable to connect the cash drawer to the printer and then you can send a command to the printer to open the cash drawer.
You can buy another cabel ( Adapter ) with a little bit electronic. Then you connect the cash drawer to the seriell port and send a command to the seriell port to open the cash drawer.
I think to open the cash drawer over network, parallel or USB is not posssible for the moment.
Christoph
Thanks Guenter
Will look at it today
Regards
Marius
Oh yes, Marius,
Regards,
Guenter
Hi Guenter
Thanks for the feedback.
Regards
Marius
Marius,
Best regards
Guenter
Hi Everyone
Using WD8
Regards
Marius
Publicado el 17,mayo 2004 - 15:27
If it is a Epson POS compatible cash drawer, you can try to send the following character string to open the drawer:
Charact(27)+"="+Charact(3)+Charact(27)+"p" + Charact(0) + Charact(10) + Charact(10)
Greetings,
Jeroen
Hi Christoph
Regards
Marius
Hallo Marius,
Christoph
Thanks Guenter
Will look at it today
Regards
Marius
Oh yes, Marius,
Regards,
Guenter
Hi Guenter
Thanks for the feedback.
Regards
Marius
Marius,
Best regards
Guenter
Hi Everyone
Using WD8
Regards
Marius
Publicado el 22,mayo 2004 - 12:32
If it is a Epson POS compatible cash drawer, you can try to send the following character string to open the drawer:
Charact(27)+"="+Charact(3)+Charact(27)+"p" + Charact(0) + Charact(10) + Charact(10)
Greetings,
Jeroen
Hi Christoph
Regards
Marius
Hallo Marius,
Christoph
Thanks Guenter
Will look at it today
Regards
Marius
Oh yes, Marius,
Regards,
Guenter
Hi Guenter
Thanks for the feedback.
Regards
Marius
Marius,
Best regards
Guenter
Hi Everyone
Using WD8
Regards
Marius
Publicado el 22,mayo 2004 - 12:33
Hi Jeroen
Thank you, I was about to ask that questions
Regards
Marius
Greetings,
Jeroen
Hi Christoph
Regards
Marius
Hallo Marius,
Christoph
Thanks Guenter
Will look at it today
Regards
Marius
Oh yes, Marius,
Regards,
Guenter
Hi Guenter
Thanks for the feedback.
Regards
Marius
Marius,
Best regards
Guenter
Hi Everyone
Using WD8
Regards
Marius