PC SOFT

FOROS PROFESIONALES
WINDEVWEBDEV y WINDEV Mobile

Inicio → WINDEV 2024 → The minute after ...
The minute after ...
Iniciado por Guenter Predl, 13,jun. 2004 11:43 - 3 respuestas
Publicado el 13,junio 2004 - 11:43
I just have been looking for a file within the analysis. Did no changes, just clicked on the analysis icon and moved around in the analsysis. Not a small one. Suddenly, the scroll-bar for the files disappeared and at least two dozens of the files DISAPPEARED from the files list! In my first reflex, I thought, they just were not shown, but still existing, but no, they are shown in the diagram, but do not appear in the list of files. Consequently, several thousand compile errors appear.
Question: Does anybody of you know how to re-register a file from the analysis-diagram into the files list?
Guenter..disappointed
Publicado el 14,junio 2004 - 04:00
Hi Guenter,
That's a really good thing to happen...
Try rolling back the analysis one version to see if you can get them back, otherwise the only course left would be to import the files - then you will be left with imported files with space filled nulls that have pbms in queries.
I have pbms with the analysis not updating when it should (on rebuild) but sometime later. I reported, but PCS can't get the same behaviour.
I also lost icons in WD8 in both programs I'm working in some thime after I started working with 8. Probably after about the fourth time I opened the project in 8.
Hope all this helps
Gill

I just have been looking for a file within the analysis. Did no changes, just clicked on the analysis icon and moved around in the analsysis. Not a small one. Suddenly, the scroll-bar for the files disappeared and at least two dozens of the files DISAPPEARED from the files list! In my first reflex, I thought, they just were not shown, but still existing, but no, they are shown in the diagram, but do not appear in the list of files. Consequently, several thousand compile errors appear.
Question: Does anybody of you know how to re-register a file from the analysis-diagram into the files list?
Guenter..disappointed
Publicado el 14,junio 2004 - 10:22
Hi Gill,
I'll ask for a repair tool for damaged project files of types WDA, WDD and WDP. A damaged index in the WDD file has been the obvious cause.
I could retrieve most of the work done (single windows and code) but just in pieces and one version prior the crash. Haven't had something like this before .. so, it's not enough to have a computer with mirrored disks. One has to take care of frequent copying of the project's directory. 'Daily' seems not to be enough, maybe two or three times a day ...
As a 'follow-up' I'm re-building the whole project. One can copy the files from the LDM (opened the WDA-file) and the relation-links too. I had to print the LDM-diagram first and had to check off the already copied relations, cause it doesn't protest when copying the same relation several times. Next, I copied the salvaged windows into the new project and after that let it make a full RAD with not replacing any present objects. Next job was to insert code pieces beginning with project code. Since the project is not yet installed at a customer's site, I don't have to worry about automatic restructuring of files, but this one would be tough when there are installed versions out there ..
Best regards,
Guenter
Hi Guenter,
That's a really good thing to happen...
Try rolling back the analysis one version to see if you can get them back, otherwise the only course left would be to import the files - then you will be left with imported files with space filled nulls that have pbms in queries.
I have pbms with the analysis not updating when it should (on rebuild) but sometime later. I reported, but PCS can't get the same behaviour.
I also lost icons in WD8 in both programs I'm working in some thime after I started working with 8. Probably after about the fourth time I opened the project in 8.
Hope all this helps
Gill

Guenter..disappointed
Publicado el 15,junio 2004 - 02:17
Guenter,
This will not really help you a lot but....
And I could have kept silent reading your story but...
Some people still "smile" to me when they see me take a "fullcopy" of the project-maps of the projects I'am working with, from time to time, 3 to 4 times per day. Just a "close" of the project and then a simple CTRL+C and CTRL+V of the project within the Explorer-program within the map of all my Windev X-applications.
(Plus at least once per day a full copy of all changed project-maps to another computerdisk in the network.)
I can assure you, it now-a-days happens only once or maybe twice per year that I live a "wierd experience" like you encounter now.
But I can assure you too, that since I lived frequent problems in versions WD4, some fewer problems in WD5.5, and almost none (now) in WD7.5 and WD8, I continue to use this "golden stupid copy-procedure-rule".
In the worst cases I lost only a couple of hours of work.
And this is not typical because of "Windev"!
I do this with all projects in development, whatever the language used. All of them suffer from time to time such a "bad moment".
Sometimes it is the language-tool, sometimes it is Windows, sometimes it is a combination of the presence/usage of software on your PC.
Seldom you can reproduce such a damned event, but you can bet on a little or maior loss of some elements in your project....
One of the latest increadable events, even "reproducable" was
with a small project in WD5.5.
Things in the project were ready and compiled fine, so I it was time
to produce the "EXE"-file.
When calling that dialog-screen for that I simply got the Hourglass of Windows.
End of story. Had to "end" WD5.5-environment-tool.
Nothing damaged but no "exe"-production possible. Full stop.
Signaled the problem to PCSOFT; a polite answer. They didn't know about such a problem (of course). A few days later I discovered the guilty one:
It was the "WinMySQLAdmin" program (of MySQL!!).
Had installed a week earlier an newer version of it...
Appearently working well. (working with WD7.5/8 then)
I just had to make sure this "WinMySQLAdmin"-program was NOT present (NOT sleeping) in the place of the Icons, on the right of the screen, next to the clock.
If not present the "exe"-production screen of WD5.5 worked fine....
But I had no problem with WD7.5 or WD8...
Later everybody says: "Yes, but you know, WD5.5 is 16-bits etc.."
In the mean time you almost lost a project or parts of it...
I'll continue to copy, copy, copy...
Sorry not to be able to help you in a better way...
But wishing you sincerely the best on the reconstruction of your project,
Lieven De Nys.
(Working on MS 2000-computers)