PC SOFT

FOROS PROFESIONALES
WINDEVWEBDEV y WINDEV Mobile

Inicio → WINDEV 2024 → Good news
Good news
Iniciado por Guenter Predl, 29,jun. 2004 20:44 - 3 respuestas
Publicado el 29,junio 2004 - 20:44
315/US is going to show up real soon now. Means 2 weeks or so ..
Guenter, pressing thumbs and knocking on wood at the same time
Publicado el 29,junio 2004 - 20:57
G'day Guenter
Good News - thanks for the update.
"Knock on wood" must be universal but "pressing thumbs" I have never heard before.
Is that like "crossing your fingers for good luck" ?
Regards
Al
Publicado el 30,junio 2004 - 00:11
Hi Al,
'pressing thumbs', hun, didn't find a picture of it on the web though google mentiones it 68.000 times. Means 'strong hope for fulfillment of a big wish' in Germany and Austria, at least. I knew, it's not a familiar expression in English-speaking countries but gave it a try. Yes, it's an equivalent to The 'knock on wood'-thing and that seems to be international ..
All the best!
Guenter
G'day Guenter
"Knock on wood" must be universal but "pressing thumbs" I have never heard before.
Regards
Al
Publicado el 30,junio 2004 - 00:20
Forgot to add another good thing: There is a 50-page brochure on WinDev 8 available on the English PC Soft site. Recommended reading, because there are so many features hidden WinDev 8 and one could discover this or that ...
Hi Al,
'pressing thumbs', hun, didn't find a picture of it on the web though google mentiones it 68.000 times. Means 'strong hope for fulfillment of a big wish' in Germany and Austria, at least. I knew, it's not a familiar expression in English-speaking countries but gave it a try. Yes, it's an equivalent to The 'knock on wood'-thing and that seems to be international ..
All the best!
Guenter
G'day Guenter
Regards
Al