PC SOFT

FOROS PROFESIONALES
WINDEVWEBDEV y WINDEV Mobile

Inicio → WINDEV 2024 → Extremely poor MySQL performance issues when using HAdd
Extremely poor MySQL performance issues when using HAdd
Iniciado por Pascal Scheffers, 30,jun. 2004 10:19 - 3 respuestas
Publicado el 30,junio 2004 - 10:19
Hi,
I have a MySQL database, and I am using the HAdd function to add new records to a table. The table has some char and integer fields and two fields with a unique index.
Adding records get progressively slower and slower - with 100 records is runs at roughly 1000 inserts per minute, at 1000 records in the table it runs at rougly 300 inserts a minute and at 10000 records in the table, it drops to 1 per second...
When I run the same code on a hyper file with the exact same definition it starts out at 1500 record adds a minute, and doesn't slow down a bit.
What is happening? It is not a mysql issue, I think - doing an insert into that table from the mysql> prompt is very very fast. My gut feeling is that the pcsoft mysql driver is loading all rows for a column from the mysql table for each insert.
Is there another function I should use? SQLAdd or something?
- Pascal.
Publicado el 30,junio 2004 - 15:27
Have you tried creating a query in windev using the insert format ?
joe
Publicado el 30,junio 2004 - 17:20
Have you tried creating a query in windev using the insert format ?
joe

Well, not in Windev, but by hand - and that was, like I said, very fast.
If I can't find a solution just write my own HSQLAdd function, which will do just that. Although I'd like to avoid having to handle the various SQL quoting and date/time conversion issues...
- Pascal.
Publicado el 30,junio 2004 - 17:42
I have found certain issue with mysql and windev. But as you describe hand coding usually is a very easy fix...but not a quick fix
joe