PC SOFT

FOROS PROFESIONALES
WINDEVWEBDEV y WINDEV Mobile

Inicio → WINDEV 2024 → Installation of a project
Installation of a project
Iniciado por Jelte, 07,jul. 2004 13:58 - 2 respuestas
Publicado el 07,julio 2004 - 13:58
Hello everyone,
I generated an installation file from WinDev. There it gave me the option to chooce a language, but nevertheless its still in french, even the auto-update part. Wich is essential for the updating and since most of our customers probably wont speak french, it would be nice to have it translated.
Whats the solution for this?
WDmsg? we already got WDint but that seems to be useless.
Can anyone advise, or help me out, we are still testing the installer at the office but we want to deploy our first windev app real soon.
Thanks,
Jelte
Publicado el 07,julio 2004 - 15:04
Yes, Jelte,
the installation procedure works in English OR/And in French. That's it. I made a translation to German too and it worked in German. Took me about three days to translate and I found numerous errors, mainly those coming from technically incompentent translation (e.g. window-names were converted into multilanguage-messages etc). Yes, there are still problems with 'patching' which will be fixed with 315US.
In order to translate, you should take the WDSETUP-project from the WD8/examples directory. If your WD8US-installation does not contain the WDSETUP-project, take that from the WD8FR-installation. If you don't have that either, I'm ready to send the zipped directory by e-mail. In case you'd like to get the 'German' version, I'm ready to send that too, but be careful, while translating, I translated the English messages to German AND inserted the German section too, so, you wouldn't find an English installation procedure anymore.
After translation, firstly fix the language check: WDSETUP doesn't accept any language other than English or French and there is an IF .. clause to catch all different language choices. Compile the project, make an exe out of it and copy the resulting WDSETUP8.EXE to \WinDev8US\Programs\Data. You're ready to go now. It's working.
Regards, Guenter
WARNING! There are some changes in WDSETUP to come from PC Soft, presumably. It may happen, that your translation endeavours are rendered useless by one of the next updates to WinDev 8!
Hello everyone,
I generated an installation file from WinDev. There it gave me the option to chooce a language, but nevertheless its still in french, even the auto-update part. Wich is essential for the updating and since most of our customers probably wont speak french, it would be nice to have it translated.
Can anyone advise, or help me out, we are still testing the installer at the office but we want to deploy our first windev app real soon.
Thanks,
Jelte
Publicado el 09,julio 2004 - 11:06
Hello Guenter,
Thanks for offering the files, at the moment i'm using WinDev 8 English version and i dont have the files you are talking about.
It would be great if you could send me the english or the German version of them. I have send you an email.
Thanks in advance,
Jelte
Yes, Jelte,
the installation procedure works in English OR/And in French. That's it. I made a translation to German too and it worked in German. Took me about three days to translate and I found numerous errors, mainly those coming from technically incompentent translation (e.g. window-names were converted into multilanguage-messages etc). Yes, there are still problems with 'patching' which will be fixed with 315US.
In order to translate, you should take the WDSETUP-project from the WD8/examples directory. If your WD8US-installation does not contain the WDSETUP-project, take that from the WD8FR-installation. If you don't have that either, I'm ready to send the zipped directory by e-mail. In case you'd like to get the 'German' version, I'm ready to send that too, but be careful, while translating, I translated the English messages to German AND inserted the German section too, so, you wouldn't find an English installation procedure anymore.
After translation, firstly fix the language check: WDSETUP doesn't accept any language other than English or French and there is an IF .. clause to catch all different language choices. Compile the project, make an exe out of it and copy the resulting WDSETUP8.EXE to \WinDev8US\Programs\Data. You're ready to go now. It's working.
Regards, Guenter
WARNING! There are some changes in WDSETUP to come from PC Soft, presumably. It may happen, that your translation endeavours are rendered useless by one of the next updates to WinDev 8!
Hello everyone,
Thanks,
Jelte