PC SOFT

FOROS PROFESIONALES
WINDEVWEBDEV y WINDEV Mobile

Inicio → WINDEV 2024 → Problem with HASP - Win XP SP2
Problem with HASP - Win XP SP2
Iniciado por Joakim, 17,mar. 2005 09:10 - 4 respuestas
Publicado el 17,marzo 2005 - 09:10
I've been having certain problems with WinDev 8 (and WinDev 7.5) on my pc. I've installed lately Windows XP Pro (English) with service pack 2. Whenever I tried to install Windev 8 (or 7.5) on my pc, nothing happened. A simple "flash" occured and then ... nothing.It's like the install.exe didn't want to run. After many attempts I finally managed to install windev ( I logged on to the pc with the username administrator and in Safe Mode !!). Does this mean that some service was blocking windev from being installed? Anyway, that wasn't the end of my problems. After installing windev I installed the latest drivers for my HASP (I tried both type - GUI drivers and command line drivers). Whenever I try running windev I get the first screen which shows all the dll's that are being brought up to memory ... and then nothing !! Zero !! It's like I never ran anything !! I tried it several times, I even tried installing previous drivers, I even tried installing them in safe mode (and as a!
n administrator), but ... unfortunately nothing !! Has anybody had the same problem ? Is there any solution ?
Publicado el 18,marzo 2005 - 09:06
I am new to the Windev Community starting with v8.x. I am running XP SP2 with the USB dongle on an Intel P4 system and no problems.

Are you running a AMD Chip set by chance?
Publicado el 18,marzo 2005 - 11:20
As a matter of fact yes. Athlon XP 1800. Motherborad Gigabyte 7vrxp. Do you think it has something to do with the chipset ?
Publicado el 23,marzo 2005 - 08:23
This problem only occurs on AMD Opteron and AMD 64 bit processors. These Processors include a hardware Data Execution Prevention (DEP) mechanism that prevents programs from executing in memory areas marked as data. This prevents a majority of viruses that take advantage of buffer overruns and other exploits from being able to run. This is a powerful protection feature available on these chip sets. Windows XP Service Pack #2 enables this protection thus causing the HASP hardware lock driver not to run.

The only way to resolve the problem is to get an updated driver for the HASP/Dongle. I would start with Windev Support or Switch to an Intel P4 based system.

Hope this helps

Brent
Publicado el 24,marzo 2005 - 17:54
Advanced Micro Devices (AMD) and Intel have defined and shipped Windows-compatible architectures that are compatible with Windows XP SP2 Data Execution Prevention (DEP). Beginning with Windows XP SP2, the 32-bit version of Windows uses no-execute page-protection (NX) processor feature as defined by AMD, or the Execute Disable Bit (XD) feature as defined by Intel.

DEP is a set of hardware and software technologies that perform additional checks on memory to help protect against malicious code exploits. In Windows XP SP2, DEP is enforced by both hardware and software.

To check whether your system is using DEP go to System Properties, select the Advanced tab, and under Performance click Settings. Check to see if you have a Data Execution Prevention tab.

If you are planning or currently using one of these newer CPU's, our existing dongle driver validation will not work. In order for our software to function correctly, you must obtain newer dongle drivers by visiting the Aladdin site at:

http://www.ealaddin.com/support/hasp/enduser.asp

Download the "HASP HL Device Driver GUI Installation" by clicking on the link "HASP_User_Setup.zip". Unzip the archive to a temporary directory.

Before proceeding further unplug your USB or Parallel HASP device, and ensure the Windows account your currently using has administrator privileges.

Navigate to the directory that the drivers were unzipped to and double-click "HASPUSERSETUP.EXE" to install the HASP HL drivers.

After installation is complete, you should probably reinstall the HASP driver that came with the application. Usually this would be the HDD32.EXE file that will install the latest HASP4 drivers.

Finally, plug in the HASP USB or Parallel device, and startup the product.