PC SOFT

FOROS PROFESIONALES
WINDEVWEBDEV y WINDEV Mobile

Inicio → WINDEV 2024 → Use a report with breaks but no need to realy "PRINT" anything
Use a report with breaks but no need to realy "PRINT" anything
Iniciado por Christine, 29,mar. 2005 16:53 - 7 respuestas
Publicado el 29,marzo 2005 - 16:53
WD8 :
Hello,
I use a report, especially the breaks to group a lot of information comming from a datasource. It is no need to really "PRINT" these papers. I only use the break footers to write some grouped and calculated information in files.
Even if I do "preview" the client sees the pages.
Is there a way to use the report and the break functions but to show the customer "nothing".
No Effective print to anything has to be done.
Publicado el 29,marzo 2005 - 18:40
Helo Christine,
with iPreview you can use the constant for a file (i do not have Windev available on the moment, but i believe the constant is 'iFile'). You can then execute the report which writes to a file. The user sees nothing.
Regards, Stefan.

WD8 :
Hello,
I use a report, especially the breaks to group a lot of information comming from a datasource. It is no need to really "PRINT" these papers. I only use the break footers to write some grouped and calculated information in files.
Is there a way to use the report and the break functions but to show the customer "nothing".
Publicado el 29,marzo 2005 - 20:43
WD8 :
Hello,

Good evening,
you can do the same with a query, using Order By, and Group By if summaries are needed, followed by scanning the query result with a loop
FOR ALL myQuery on "myItem" (the latter allows reading the result in any order but overall, using a keyed item present in "Order By" is fastest).
Best regards
Mat
Publicado el 30,marzo 2005 - 02:29
Christine,
In the block properties, uncheck Visible.
UJ
WD8 :
Hello,
Publicado el 30,marzo 2005 - 12:09
on group by :
THis means that i can't use the query interface from windev because "the group by " is not supported in the interface. You have to code it...
WD8 :
Hello,

Good evening,
you can do the same with a query, using Order By, and Group By if summaries are needed, followed by scanning the query result with a loop
FOR ALL myQuery on "myItem" (the latter allows reading the result in any order but overall, using a keyed item present in "Order By" is fastest).
Best regards
Mat
Publicado el 30,marzo 2005 - 12:10
I tried this out but it still gives me 4 pages (empy pages). I really do not need to seen anything (so the user does not have to click to close any report of form)
Christine,
In the block properties, uncheck Visible.
UJ
WD8 :
Hello,
Publicado el 30,marzo 2005 - 12:18
Hello,
I quoted it
iPreview(iFile,"c:\ftp\schermke.txt")
iPrintReport(Report2)
and it seems to work..
Thanks
Christine
Helo Christine,
with iPreview you can use the constant for a file (i do not have Windev available on the moment, but i believe the constant is 'iFile'). You can then execute the report which writes to a file. The user sees nothing.
Regards, Stefan.

WD8 :
Hello,
Publicado el 30,marzo 2005 - 13:06
on group by :
THis means that i can't use the query interface from windev because "the group by " is not supported in the interface. You have to code it...

Yes, and that isn't really a challenge. You can even copy/paste the generated SQL code and just modify where necessary. The advantage is you have a multi purpose data source usable for tables, reports or simply calculations that you can adjust programmatically at your liking.