PC SOFT

FOROS PROFESIONALES
WINDEVWEBDEV y WINDEV Mobile

Inicio → WINDEV 2024 → MySQL connection problems (native access)
MySQL connection problems (native access)
Iniciado por Stefan Bentvelsen, 01,abr. 2005 19:22 - 6 respuestas
Publicado el 01,abril 2005 - 19:22
Hallo all,
I always used HyperFile in my WinDev programs, but I want to try MySQL for some tests. When I try to test the connection with my database, I get always the error 'Connection to database failed', unable to connect to 'localhost' database native MySQL access error. Error Number".
I use WinDev 8, version 80315pu, and have installed native access for MySQL (from PCSoft). Both 'C:\windev8\programs' and 'C:\mysql\bin' are in the PATH environment-variable. I have installed MySQL version 4.0.18. The file libmySQL.dll is copied to c:\WinDev8\Programs.
I have a colleage with exact the same notebook-pc, same WinDev version and same MySQL version where it runs without problems. On my pc it won't.
I have read all the item in this forum about mySQL and connection problems, but have not found a solution.
How can help me with this problem ?
Thanks for any help.
Stefan.
Publicado el 01,abril 2005 - 19:42
Have you copied the libmysqldll from mysql into your project and your exe file ? This dll comes with mysql.
joe
Publicado el 01,abril 2005 - 19:57
Hallo Stefan,
habe a look at your firewall and the correct version libmysql.dll.
Christoph
Hallo all,
I always used HyperFile in my WinDev programs, but I want to try MySQL for some tests. When I try to test the connection with my database, I get always the error 'Connection to database failed', unable to connect to 'localhost' database native MySQL access error. Error Number".
I use WinDev 8, version 80315pu, and have installed native access for MySQL (from PCSoft). Both 'C:\windev8\programs' and 'C:\mysql\bin' are in the PATH environment-variable. I have installed MySQL version 4.0.18. The file libmySQL.dll is copied to c:\WinDev8\Programs.
I have a colleage with exact the same notebook-pc, same WinDev version and same MySQL version where it runs without problems. On my pc it won't.
I have read all the item in this forum about mySQL and connection problems, but have not found a solution.
Thanks for any help.
Stefan.
Publicado el 02,abril 2005 - 19:14
Hallo Christoph,
thanks for your response.
Even when I close complete my firewall I get this error.
What do you mean with the version of libmysql.dll ? It is the one form the c:\mysql\bin - directory. Do I need a specific version ?
Stefan.
Hallo Stefan,
Christoph
Hallo all,
Thanks for any help.
Stefan.
Publicado el 02,abril 2005 - 19:16
Hi Joe,
yes, I did that to test, but it didn't help. You must know that my colleage has the same situation where it works perfect !
Thanks, Stefan.
Have you copied the libmysqldll from mysql into your project and your exe file ? This dll comes with mysql.
joe
Publicado el 03,abril 2005 - 11:04
Hallo Stefan,
my 'libmysql.dll' has 1028 KB. If you want i can send it with mail. I have this dll in windows\system32. sqlinfo() and sql.meserror() can give you more information.
Christoph
Hallo Christoph,
What do you mean with the version of libmysql.dll ? It is the one form the c:\mysql\bin - directory. Do I need a specific version ?
Stefan.
Hallo Stefan,
Christoph
Hallo all,
Thanks for any help.
Stefan.
Publicado el 04,abril 2005 - 11:11
Hi Christoph,
I like to try your version of libmySQL.dll, although it must not be nessesary.
I have tried a SQLConnect() with a query which gives me the records in my MySQL database, but I still can't make a connection to import my database-table-descriptions.
Stefan.
Hallo Stefan,
my 'libmysql.dll' has 1028 KB. If you want i can send it with mail. I have this dll in windows\system32. sqlinfo() and sql.meserror() can give you more information.
Christoph
Hallo Christoph,
Stefan.
Hallo Stefan,
Christoph
Hallo all,
Thanks for any help.
Stefan.